Liquor-licious Liquorice (formerly Pandalicious Liquorice)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Ginger, Licorice Root, Peppermint
Hay, Honey, Licorice, Peppermint, Sweet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “Had this sample from bluebird last night. It was pretty good. It kind of reminded me of mother’s little helper. The peppermint definitely dominated, but it was also soothing (maybe due to the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was on the fence about this one last time I tried it, which makes sense to me since liquorice root is basically my nemesis. For the record, I didn’t buy this bag (and it’s a big ‘un – 50g!) I...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m sipping on this right now. It’s been a while since I tried it. In fact, I may have only had this the once, and that was probably on the day it landed through my letterbox. I seem to have...” Read full tasting note
  • “Once steeped it bares a mint and chamomile scent with no licorice to speak of. The first few sip reveal a sweet and refreshing peppermint flavour that fills my mouth and softens into a mild (and I...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

All the super herbs you could ever need in this cleansing, calming herbal tea

Big chunks of ginger, liquorice root, fresh cut peppermint leaves + whole camomile flowers make a cleansing, calming, naturally decaf tea, super any time of day!

Chamomile, liquorice root, peppermint, ginger.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Had this sample from bluebird last night. It was pretty good. It kind of reminded me of mother’s little helper. The peppermint definitely dominated, but it was also soothing (maybe due to the chamomile?) I haven’t had straight chamomile tea, so I’m not sure. I would have liked a little more liquorice flavor, though. Overall, It’s a good night-time tea.

I was on the fence about this one last time I tried it, which makes sense to me since liquorice root is basically my nemesis. For the record, I didn’t buy this bag (and it’s a big ‘un – 50g!) I _wouldn’t_ buy a bag of tea this big when the word “liquorice” is right there in the name. No. It was a gift. Because it’s the thought that counts, I’m going to give this one another go. It’s been sitting in my cupboard for nearly a year now, so it’s definitely time.

On opening the bag, I was pretty pleased to see a lot of chamomile. And I mean a lot. Like, loads. Whole flowers, too. There’s also a significant amount of peppermint. And then there are the cubes of liquorice root, but the less said about those the better. It smells nice – like chamomile and mint. Sweet, creamy, like a candy cane. I know what you’re thinking – how seasonally appropriate!

To taste, it’s actually okay. The liquorice is very much in the background, and the main flavours are chamomile (honey, hay, sweet), and mint (cooling, refreshing). I can taste a sticky sweetness at the back of my throat, and it builds with successive sips, but at least it’s not too apparent overall. Still, not a favourite. I’ve left my rating as it was, because it reflects pretty accurately how I feel about this one. I don’t mind chamomile and mint, but I’d like it a lot more without the liquorice.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp
Memily

It’s just the worst flavour.

I’m sipping on this right now. It’s been a while since I tried it. In fact, I may have only had this the once, and that was probably on the day it landed through my letterbox. I seem to have accumulated a whole bunch of liquorice based teas since I purchased this one and I think maybe it’s accidentally become overlooked.

But this is really nice. In the packet I get mostly chamomile, with the hint that both liquorice and peppermint are lurking around, just waiting to pounce. Once brewed, the competition is on! There’s a strong aroma of chamomile to begin with… but no, wait, now I can mostly smell liquorice… no, hang on, it’s all peppermint. Seriously, all three ingredients battle for top spot, and it’s no different when I taste it.

I get a hay-like, honey taste from the chamomile, swiftly followed by a sweet tang from the liquorice, and then I’m left with a tingly, mintyness on my tongue. I should definitely drink this more often. Especially in the evenings – the chamomile is certainly relaxing me.

Flavors: Hay, Honey, Licorice, Peppermint, Sweet

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

Once steeped it bares a mint and chamomile scent with no licorice to speak of.

The first few sip reveal a sweet and refreshing peppermint flavour that fills my mouth and softens into a mild (and I stress mild) yet very refreshing licorice flavour. In fact there is more refreshing factor of the licorice than actual licorice flavour. Like when someone walks down the hall and you didn’t see them but you can smell their perfume lingering near by. It’s actually a sigh of relief for me that it’s not too licorice thick or heavy, more of an after taste.

It sort of tastes like I’m chewing gum and sipping chamomile tea. I can’t say if that is good or bad really, just unusual, but that is what it reminds me of.

As it cools the mint becomes a little stronger and the refreshing aftertaste slightly weaker, or well at least my mouth has adapted for it so it’s not as noticeable. So really after a while it’s a creamy peppermint with a slight herbal finish. Now it’s minty enough to be like candy cane.

I could finish this cup but I don’t think this blend is for me. It was nicer than I expected being only mild on the licorice side but it was refreshing enough to be a little off putting. Again I stress that’s because I hate licorice. If you happen to love chamomile, peppermint and licorice then this is probably something you should look up.