Black Tea, Flavor, Pink Corn Flower, Spearmint, Stevia Leaf, Vanilla
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle

1 Tasting Note View all

• “No notes for this one? It’s Christmas jumper day at work today, so I figured I might as well make it Christmas tea day also just to add an extra festive touch. I feel so far from Christmassy at the...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Tongue tingling, Candy Cane mint tea

Love hanging Candy Canes on your Christmas tree, then sneakily munching on them until Chrismas Eve? If so, you will love our Christmas Candy Cane tea blend with tounge tingling mint leaves, creamy vanilla + sweet stevia.

To brew the perfect cup: 1 heaped teaspoon per cup, 100° water, 4 mins, with or without milk.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

No notes for this one? It’s Christmas jumper day at work today, so I figured I might as well make it Christmas tea day also just to add an extra festive touch. I feel so far from Christmassy at the moment, I need all the help I can get.

I’m a fan of candy cane tea any time of the year, really, but I’ve been saving this sample pouch for a suitable occasion. Turns out that’s today! I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 3.5 minutes in boiling water. I was thinking maybe milk, but in the end I went with no additions.

To taste, it’s actually pretty good. Spearmint is always a winner with me – it’s sweeter and more gentle than peppermint, and it does a good job of recreating a “candy” mint flavour. The vanilla adds a creamy touch, which is totally delicious in this context. I really am thinking candy cane as I sip this one. I’m not 100% sold on the ceylon base – it’s a little citrussy for my tastes, and then with the added lime leaves and pomegranate flowers it’s just a little confusing and muddled in the aftertaste. The initial hit of spearmint and vanilla is excellent, though. I’m not usually a fan of stevia in teas, but I will say that it works quite well here to create the candy cane effect. It’s not too cloying and artificial, either, so clearly it’s been added with a light hand.

The last thing to say, as with pretty much all Bluebird blends, is that it looks fabulous. Pink cornflowers, red pomegranate flowers, green mint, black tea. It does recall a candy cane, and it’s lovely to look at. The biggest joy is in the drinking, though. It’s pretty much liquid candy cane, and it’ll surely make this work day more bearable.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp