Ceylon Black Tea, Cocoa Bean Shells, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Flavor, Marshmallow, Red Cornflower
Chocolate, Coconut, Cream, Creamy, Cocoa, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Artificial, Sweet, Marshmallow, Bitter
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Kawaii433

• “Thank you Cameron B. ^^ Sipping this… It’s decent but not for me. The aroma is really strange to me. It’s probably the coconut. I can eat raw coconut all day but I’m not really into coconut...” Read full tasting note
  • “Holiday Tea-son! The ninth tea from my advent calendar. I actually had an extra teabag of this as a freebie with my advent calendar order, and I just stashed it away figuring it was probably in the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I had to come back and raise my rating on this one a bit. It’s a chilly morning here, I’ve turned on the heat, and casting about for nice, warming, comforting cuppa, felt like it might be just the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 5:00 PM This one is from my Bird & Blend subscription packet for the month. I’m not the biggest fan of coconut, but I do enjoy it in some things. I made sure to get one of the (rather...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Our award-winning Snowball tea with coconut, chocolate + marshmallows!

The chocolatey, marshmallow, coconut goodness of a gooey Snowball is one of the best sweet treats of Christmas not to forget it is award-winning too! Our most famous Christmas tea blend scooped a Great Taste Award for its chocolate chips in plenty, coconut flakes in tons and a sprinkle of mini marshmallows to finish it off- the perfect Christmas Snowball.

Ceylon black tea (59%), cocoa shells (16%), desiccated coconut, cocoa nibs (8%), red cornflowers, vegan marshmallows (glucose-fructose syrup, sugar, water, dextrose, carrageenan, maize starch, hydrolyzed rice protein, vanilla flavouring, polyphosphate, colour E162, colour E171), flavouring.

Brewing Instructions: 1 tsp per cup, 100C/212F, 4 mins.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Thank you Cameron B. ^^

Sipping this… It’s decent but not for me. The aroma is really strange to me. It’s probably the coconut. I can eat raw coconut all day but I’m not really into coconut flavored anything. Like, I don’t like those snowball cookies with coconut. I don’t like Mound candy bars. Eww. I always traded that with literally any other candy bar during Halloween time. lol So take that into consideration with this review. I won’t rate it to be fair.

I do love a good Thai curry that has the coconut milk base though. :D

It’s creamy and that’s a plus. It has nice chocolate notes. I think the marshmallow is what is making it creamy sweet.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Cream, Creamy

200 °F / 93 °C 4 min, 0 sec 3 g 11 OZ / 325 ML
Cameron B.

Oh no! Did I miss that you don’t like coconut? Sorry, dear!

Kawaii433

Don’t worry about it. <3 I actually just added it to my profile after this. It’s a learning experience for me. It wasn’t bad, and I don’t mind a little :)

Kawaii433

Ohh speaking of dislikes hehe. I thought I read somewhere you don’t normally like ginseng but I did include the Mandala ginseng tea in your package. I figure if you don’t like that particular ginseng tea, you’ll hate them all lol. ^^

Cameron B.

I don’t have much experience with it, but I’ve enjoyed the ginseng oolongs I’ve tried in the past. :D

Kawaii433

Ahh ok. Geez where did I get that you didn’t like ginseng. lol Ooooh, ginger. Doh. My crazy Sunday is becoming a crazy Monday. Great, I hope you enjoy it then. It’s my favorite ginseng tea up to date.

Please keep things friendly and .

Holiday Tea-son! The ninth tea from my advent calendar. I actually had an extra teabag of this as a freebie with my advent calendar order, and I just stashed it away figuring it was probably in the calendar too, since it is one of their popular holiday flavors. So this morning I was able to make a pot of tea using my 16 oz. dobin using both teabags instead of just a single cuppa. Huzzah!

The dry leaf has a strong scent of chocolate and coconut, which are two of my favorite things, but I’m a little sad that the teabag version given out for the samplers doesn’t have the vegan marshmallows… they would’ve added a nice, sweet, creamy element. Ah well.

The cocoa shells and nibs actually have a pretty forward flavor here, reminding me of when I steeped plain cocoa shells, creating that bittersweet/dark chocolate flavor in the cup, and I am getting a coconut note as well. The black tea is coming out relatively smooth and lacking in bitter/astringent notes, though without the marshmallow which would’ve added some sweetness to the blend, the cocoa itself is a bit bittersweet so the tea could do with some sweetening in the teabag form. What is lacking to pull it all together for me is a sweet and creamy element, since it tastes like it wants to be hot cocoa, but has the light mouthfeel of a tea, so I think this is a tea that is simply meant to be taken as a latte. Once I mixed some warm coconut milk (and I use the sweetened kind!) into my cup, it really pulled it together. The coconut notes were emphasized, the cocoa flavor now felt more like creamy hot cocoa than bittersweet hot cocoa water, the sweetness it was lacking was provided from the milk, and it was quite nice. It felt a little bland before that. The flavor was there, it just really needed the thicker/creamier mouthfeel and a little more sweetness to make the chocolate and coconut come together for me.

Flavors: Cocoa, Coconut, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate

Please keep things friendly and .

I had to come back and raise my rating on this one a bit. It’s a chilly morning here, I’ve turned on the heat, and casting about for nice, warming, comforting cuppa, felt like it might be just the time to try this one again, coming back to it with two differences: 1) not having some specific imaginary tea in my head that this was supposed to duplicate, and 2) not underleafing the first cup (it’s hard to get away from that first “watery / weak” impression when trying something for the first time).

Making this nice and strong, with milk and sugar, it’s yummy, toasty winter cheer; an in-from-the-cold-and-snug-by-the-fireside, warming sweet treat that is more of a chocolate drink than a tea drink, but much more fun than plain old cocoa. Oh wait, I just had a thought! I should try this with some maple syrup instead of sugar. oooooh.

Home – 5:00 PM

This one is from my Bird & Blend subscription packet for the month. I’m not the biggest fan of coconut, but I do enjoy it in some things. I made sure to get one of the (rather large) marshmallows in my steeping basket.

This has a nice balance of chocolate and coconut notes. I’m not sure I really get any marshmallow though, but perhaps it’s melding in with the coconut. The chocolate is definitely the milk variety, and perhaps just a little bit waxy or artificial. I feel like chocolate flavoring is never great and, though they do have cacao shells in here as well, that comes through a bit. It’s still a nice combination overall though.

This is a good tea, but not one that I would feel the need to stock. But that’s mostly just because I don’t love coconut.

Flavors: Artificial, Chocolate, Coconut, Sweet

VariaTEA

This made a nice latte from what I recall

Please keep things friendly and .

With the hot weather and a job change, I’m only now beginning to bring parts of my stash to the office. I picked this up not too long ago when B&B did their Christmas in July sale, because everyone raves about it. For good effing reason. I was nervous because chocolate teas AND black teas aren’t really my thing, but coconut IS. It’s amazing! The perfect amount of coconut with just a hint of chocolate in the background – enough to make it feel creamy and warm but not watery like most chocolate teas feel for me. I bought the big bag of sachets so the marshmallow element feels a little lost presentation-wise, but I know they’re contributing to the creamy factor. Yay! Now to deal with the anxious jitters I get from multiple cups of black tea….

Flavors: Cocoa, Coconut, Marshmallow

A VariaTEA share.

I haven’t actually looked at what’s in this blend at all, but I thought it tasted really strongly of coconut and marshmallows while not being overly sweet either. I have a hunch that this is probably only available around Christmas though, just based on the name, so I wont let myself get too attached for the moment. I thought it was really good, though! It’s rare that a tea so distinctly tastes like marshmallow.

tea-sipper

YEP coconut, marshmallow, chocolate. I JUST read an e-mail from B&B and they mentioned a Christmas in July sale….

Scheherazade

There were Christmas blends in their subscription box this month, which I totally didn’t get until you said that. Just the usual Christmas Cake and Mulled Wine, though. I hope they have Jack Frost or White Christmas…

tea-sipper

haha, yeah that would be a bit weird to get a box of Christmas teas in July!

Please keep things friendly and .

Tried this one out today and i’m not impressed. It could just be that the coconut went a little off, but there was a sourish note that i didn’t enjoy.

Please keep things friendly and .

This has made for one tasty chocolate milk latte this evening. There is a distinct marshmallow top note which comes as no surprise in light of the plump marshmallows scattered throughout the dry leaf. Underneath the marshmallow, even when mixed with the chocolate milk, the coconut still comes through. It is a nice balance and though I would need to see how it is plain, I can say that as a latte, I can see how this won the 2016 Great Taste award.

Evol Ving Ness

Ooooh, marshmallow coconut! Sounds like a winning combination.

VariaTEA

And chocolate.

Starfevre

chocolate milk latte? that’s a thing?

Evol Ving Ness

Even more excellent!

Please keep things friendly and .

See my full review on Sororitea Sisters, where I talk about Hostess Cakes and tea:

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Coconut, Cream, Marshmallow

Please keep things friendly and .

A bitter tea with strong toasted notes and a mild coconut finish. The flavour is more akin to a heavy dark chocolate, than a light fluffy snowball. However, it’s still a fairly comforting brew, that becomes a lot smoother and creamier with the addition of milk. The coconut could be stronger, but overall it’s a decent brew that is an unusual Christmas tea addition, due to the inclusion of coconut.

Flavors: Bitter, Cocoa, Coconut, Creamy