Jelly + Ice Cream

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple Pieces, Coconut, Elderberries, Flavour, Hibiscus, Pineapple, Red Cornflower, Red Rooibos, Rose Hips, Vanilla Pieces
Cream, Jam, Strawberry
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

2 Images

• “Additional notes: Just a post to mention: Bird and Blend SUMMER vote back teas!!! I’m not associated with Bird and Blend, other than being a huge fan, especially of their JELLY AND ICE CREAM tea!...” Read full tasting note
  • “Once steeped the tea (technically tisane) bares a red colour and super sweet strawberry scent. The first few sips reveal a sweet strawberry but thick Rooibos base which lingers in the after taste....” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Enjoy hot or iced, before or after your afternoon summer nap. Bluebird’s latest sweet treat is a scoop of rooibos + sweet vanilla with a dollop of freeze-dried strawberries + elderberries.

Ingredients: Rooibos, desiccated coconut, freeze-dried strawberries, hibiscus, apple pieces, elderberries, rosehip, vanilla pieces, red cornflowers, pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar), flavour
Warning: May contain traces of nuts

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Additional notes: Just a post to mention:
Bird and Blend SUMMER vote back teas!!!
I’m not associated with Bird and Blend, other than being a huge fan, especially of their JELLY AND ICE CREAM tea! And it just so happens it is one of the vote back teas! Please vote for whichever tea you choose (especially if it will be Jelly and Ice Cream) so it can be in the permanent collection. Jelly & Ice Cream is one of my essential blends! I drink this tea more than any other. I’m not sure if this link will work for everyone:

Vote ends soon! Thanks for reading
Edited to add: I had to steep up a cup just thinking about the vote. So so good every mug I brew up. I especially like to brew it up hot in the morning, stick it in the fridge, then add ice cream later at night when it’s hot out. TEA FLOAT

Teatotaler

I just cast a vote for Jelly + Ice Cream! :)

tea-sipper

Awesome, thank you. I hope you get to try it some day, if you haven’t already!

AJRimmer

Thanks for the heads up! I voted for it too (:

Kawaii433

Voted! "WOOHOO!

Your vote has been counted, keep your eyes peeled on your email to see the winning blend!"

ashmanra

I threw a vote in! I have never had ANY Bird and Blend tea, but you are so enthusiastic I wanted to support your flavor! Lol

tea-sipper

Thank you all for voting! And I’m surprised but not surprised ashmanra, that you haven’t tried B&B. Not surprised because I know you like unflavored teas more and B&B mostly has flavored blends. But they have some great blends!

Frolic

I’ve never tried any B&B tea but I voted for you. Hope it wins!

Thank you thank you Frolic. :D

tea-sipper

Well, turns out Butter Brew won… never had Butter Brew, not interested in Butter Brew. Not having Jelly + Ice Cream will give me much less of a reason to order from B&B to stock up anyway… less money spent on tea? Thanks to everyone who helped vote.

Kittenna

Darn, Jelly + Ice Cream sounds pretty yummy!

tea-sipper

I’m sorry you haven’t been able to try Jelly+Ice Cream, Kittenna!

The first few sips reveal a sweet strawberry but thick Rooibos base which lingers in the after taste. Slightly creamy but overall the sweetness has a big impact, almost verging on being too sweet. I’m a savoury person over sweet so it’s not something I could have all the time, it’s bordering on that too sweet line.

The Rooibos base is thickly herbal too and slightly dry which is slightly disappointing since I usually dislike Rooibos in sweetness and herbal flavour.

As it cools which is also about half way down the mug it remains sweet but the Rooibos herbiness goes away slightly behind the strawberry sweetness.

I suppose it is jelly like but not creamy enough for ice cream; though perhaps it is if milk was added. Though It’s a nice enough blend I don’t think it’s for me.