Bears Like Marmalade

Fruit Herbal Blend
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle
Iced 4 min, 0 sec 3 oz / 100 ml

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

A prudent bear always carries a spare marmalade sandwich under his hat in case of emergencies, Paddington told us. Our childhood favourite bear also asked (very nicely) if we could make a blend just for him… so we brewed up this fruity concoction of orange blossom, rose + lemon that turns a delightful rosy pink once brewed.

Apple pieces, rosehip, hibiscus, orange peel, sumac berries, lemon peel, orange blossom, natural flavouring.

Warning: Packed in an environment that contains nuts.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Well, after what’s probably been close to a year of just being morbidly curious about this tea every time I’ve placed an order with Bluebird/Bird&Blend I finally bought a sample of it.

I tried this one iced for the first time; I was reading through the ingredients list and I just thought that it would come out really tart and unpleasant as a hot tea. It’s not bad iced, but I don’t think it’s spectacular either – very much has that tart and sour hibiscus and apple flavour that so many other fruit infusions do, with a giant punch of sour orange of course. I guess I’m not surprised by that; but I think I was hoping it would be sweeter and more jammy – like an actual marmalade.

Shrug.

Scheherazade

I tried dissolving a chunk of orange jelly in mine. It helped :)

2031 tasting notes

159/365

It was hot yesterday, like 27 degrees or something. Apparently, we’ve skipped spring entirely and gone from threatening snow to full summer pretty much overnight. Very odd, and not a little unexpected! The upside is that it’s definitely time for iced tea and cold brews.

I made this one up when I got home from work last night. I used 2 tsp of leaf, and gave it 4 minutes in 100ml boiling water. I added 2 tsp of fresh squeezed orange juice to a glass of ice, added the tea, and topped it off with sparkling water. It was the most refreshing thing! The flavour was perhaps a little more muddled than I expected – more orange blossom (and more fragrant/floral) than straight orange. There was also a touch of rose, but just in the background. I found this one to have a fair amount of hibi sour tartness, but since it helped to stop things getting too sweet I didn’t actually mind too much.

I enjoyed this one, and I’d buy more once I’ve finished my current sample. It’s rare for me to say that about a floral-ish tea, but combined with the flavour of actual orange (and it is there…) it was actually really pleasant.

Iced 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 3 OZ / 100 ML