Moondrop Dreams

Rooibos Tea
Apple Pieces, Lavender, Lemon Peel, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Red Rooibos, Rose Hips
Creamy, Floral, Lavender, Lemon, Honey, Orange Zest, Spices, Citrus, Lemon Zest, Sweet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 oz / 341 ml

• “Smells like a perfect lavender lemonade. There’s no tartness from the lemon in the flavor, though. It’s a very strong Provencal lavender that overpowers everything else. Though, that’s not a bad...” Read full tasting note
  • “Prepraed western, 6 grams for 350-400 ml glass mug. I don’t know exact volume and somehow lazy to measure. What to say about this tea? Well, it reminds me lavender lemonade. It is tasty, aroma...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bird & Blend Tea Advent calendar Day 2: Nice. I’m a fan of caffeine free teas for evening. I’m not a fan of floral teas. The lavender is quite strong. But the lemon in this one adds a bright...” Read full tasting note
  • “YES. This tea is everything I hoped it would be. Sweet, creamy lavender and an amazing pop of lemon. Absolutely delicious. Just nix the rooibos and it would be my perfect lavender tea (whyyyy do...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Starry nights and Moondrop Dreams… We always get asked about teas that may help you sleep – with this in mind, we wanted to create a blend to help you rest your mind + body! Ground control to Teabirds – this Space OddiTEA infusion of rooibos, lavender + lemon may just be the answer to your Moondrop Dreams.

Ingredients: Rooibos, apple pieces, rosehip, lavender, lemon peel, fermented lemon peel, orange peel, natural flavouring.

Brew the Perfect Cup: 1 heaped teaspoon per cup – 100° C water – 4+ mins – with or without milk

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Smells like a perfect lavender lemonade. There’s no tartness from the lemon in the flavor, though. It’s a very strong Provencal lavender that overpowers everything else. Though, that’s not a bad thing for me. I can’t taste the rooibos, which is also a win. I also added a bit of foamed oat milk, and it was excellent.

What to say about this tea? Well, it reminds me lavender lemonade. It is tasty, aroma strongly lavneder. But when sipped, it turns into floral notes and lemon aftertaste. As it cools down, lemon is more prominent and floral notes are weaker. It is as well somehow refreshing, easydrinking tea. Maybe bit creamy as well; rooibos base is not present in taste at all.

I wonder if it could be good iced?
And derk – I got box from you! Thank you! All already in cupboard (real as well virtual)

Flavors: Creamy, Floral, Lavender, Lemon

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 30 sec 6 g 14 OZ / 400 ML
derk

Excellent! That had to be 5-7 days. Post office told me 10-15 days. I hope you enjoy at least a few of the teas. Sorry I haven’t replied by email. I have to find my password for that throwaway account :P

Martin Bednář

Hehe, I can’t wait to dig in. How funny to communicate, I can’t reply to Steepster messages, you can’t reply to ma email. But we made it!

Bird & Blend Tea Advent calendar Day 2:

Nice. I’m a fan of caffeine free teas for evening. I’m not a fan of floral teas. The lavender is quite strong. But the lemon in this one adds a bright note. Not one I’d order, but I’m super glad to get to try it. That is one of the great things about these advent calendars. You get to try 25 different teas, many of which I would never have purchased. Some I will probably not like, others I will love, and I bet there will be a few that I wouldn’t never have tried, but absolutely adore.

So if you enjoy relaxing floral teas with a bright zing of lemon, I think you would really like this one.

YES. This tea is everything I hoped it would be. Sweet, creamy lavender and an amazing pop of lemon. Absolutely delicious. Just nix the rooibos and it would be my perfect lavender tea (whyyyy do the best lavender teas have rooibos bases?!). Fortunately, the base isn’t too bothersome, but a nice black/white blend would suit it much better.

Really happy I picked this up; would be a definite repurchase from me if I order again and it’s around.

tea-sipper

I think the rooibos B&B uses is really good… the rooibos could be worse, so I generally like their blends. I like their rooibos better than their older Ceylon! I think they use a better base now though. I think this is one of the previous vote winners so it’s a permanent tea!

Kittenna

Yeah, it seems to be better than what some companies use! I’m not too familiar with their other base teas, though I’m admittedly not fond of whatever Lady Lavender has as the base (it is strong and harsh). Very glad to hear this is a previous vote winner! And no wonder; it’s so good.

Sweet 16th day of Sara’s advent calendar.

Moondrop Dreams!

The leaf smells amazeballs. Steeped it smells… kind of like honey with a hint of spice.

The first sip was like some kind of spice journey without a map. There are a lot of spices in there, well balanced, having a party. There’s a note of honey at the end of the sip.

I had to cheat and look at the ingredients while sipping to pick out the orange zest and lavender flavors, and I still couldn’t pick out others. But I’m really happy to join the spice party. I am considering buying some of this.

Flavors: Honey, Lavender, Orange Zest, Spices

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
Mastress Alita

I’m surprised you got no lemon from this, it should be the main note aside from the lavender (it’s a lemon/lavender blend). I’ve had a different lemon/lavender blend and did notice the lemon wasn’t as strong in this one on the rooibos base as the other (the other isn’t vegan so…) but I could taste it. I always find the lavender is never very strong in these… I always add just a little bit more from my stash, heh.

Todd

Yeah, that is odd. But there were a lot of flavors to pick out, and I did really enjoy it.

Kicking back and trying to unwind after a rough day of learning curve fail. My new 3D printer has it out for me. Fortunately this tea does not! Not a huge rooibos fan, but this blend has enough flavors that the rooibos takes only a supporting roll. I get lavender at the front of the sip, then it quickly turns to lemon chiffon, a rooibos blend I’m familiar with. Did they just add some lavender to lemon chiffon? Maybe I’ll have to try that with the LC I have! Ha! Just what I need in my life… more learning curves!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

This one IS dreamy.

Additional notes: I was trying to think of what tea would go perfectly with strawberry shortcake last night. This was definitely it. Lemon and lavender with strawberries and cream. Perfect. I also want to kick myself because I could have ordered this one during the sale. And Key Lime Pie… and Coffee Puerh… and Brighton Rock… All of these are gone or almost sipdowns, as this one will be with the next teaspoon. No order for me during the “sale” and I consider free shipping definitely a sale! I’m proud of my restraint anyway.

gmathis

Oh, mercy, that sounds delicious!

tea-sipper

It IS. It’s a lovely lavender with a sweeter, bergamot type lemon. The rosehips barely make a presence.

May Flowers! I grabbed this as a sampler set when the tea-company-formally-known-as-Bluebird put out their Dreamtime Collection, but this is actually my first time trying it. The ingredients are pretty similar to the Lavender Lemon Potion tea by Tealyra I like, though there are a few notable differences; this one has a rooibos base, and uses apple for sweetness rather than the creamy white chocolate and vanilla drop elements. I’m hoping it’ll be stronger on the lavender, since that was pretty much my only complaint with Lavender Lemon Potion.

I love the scent of this tea; it certainly has a strong lemon-lavender aroma from the bag. Brewed up, I get quite a bit of sweetness from the rooibos, which actually makes the citrus lemon flavor come off a lot more softly than I was expecting from the aroma. It is certainly not nearly the sort of strong, tangy lemony flavor from Lavender Lemon Potion. As for the lavender element, it is more pronounced than in Lavender Lemon Potion, but still not as pronounced as I’d like. It does blend well with the lemon note, so there is sort of a balanced, floral minty touch right off the citrus, but both flavors just come off fairly subdued because of the strong sweetness of the rooibos base.

I do enjoy the flavor of this tea, but I don’t enjoy it as much as the other lemon lavender tea I’ve tried recently. What I may do is try blending them together to try to get a stronger lavender flavor out of the other tea, and since the citrus is really strong in the other tea, hopefully it’ll mute out some of the rooibos here. It’ll be worth the experiment, in any event.

Flavors: Citrus, Lavender, Lemon Zest, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML

Apparently I was on a latte kick last night, because this was my pre-bedtime cup. And I slept so well. I’m thinking this tea made the difference, because I haven’t slept that soundly in a long time.

Sometimes tea that’s supposed to inspire sleep gives me weird, super-vivid nightmares, but fortunately that wasn’t the case here. I’ve more or less identified passionflower as the cause of that, but it doesn’t explain why B&B’s Dozy Girl does the same thing…