Herbal Rooibos Blend
Caramel, Cocoa, Coconut, Floral, Lavender, Sweet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 11 oz / 324 ml

• “I was able to try this one on sale during the Boxing Day sale. A lovely and unique blend: coconut, cocoa shells, lavender and rooibos. It sounds like a great dreamy combination. AND IT IS. The...” Read full tasting note
  • “I have been interested in trying this one out since reading Scheherazade’s review, since chocolate, coconut, and lavender are three of my favorite things! (I’ve been making a lot of lavender cocoa...” Read full tasting note
  • “093/365 This is the first of the Dreamtime Collection teas I’ve tried (except Dozy Girl, which is part of the standard Bluebird line-up, so I’m not really counting that one.) I like the idea of...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Dozy Girl has met her match! We thought it was time to add some balance to our tea shelf… Like Dozy Girl, this blend is fantastic for sleeping – infused with calming lavender and a most pleasant compliment of cocoa + coconut. Lazy Boy is a blend that everyone can share + love!

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut, lavender, cocoa shells, natural flavouring.

Brew the perfect cup: 1 heaped teaspoon per cup – 100° C water – 4+ mins – with or without milk

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

I was able to try this one on sale during the Boxing Day sale. A lovely and unique blend: coconut, cocoa shells, lavender and rooibos. It sounds like a great dreamy combination. AND IT IS. The coconut is FRESH and gives the cup a nice creamy element. The cocoa shells are huge and probably took up most of my teaspoon (at least this one). I’d say none of the elements here overpower the others. Though on the second steep, the lavender does take over more at the top of the cup. If both steeps are timed right, a second cup shouldn’t be skipped. But it’s interesting how different flavors result from different parameters with the same teaspoon. I like this one.
Steep #1 // 1 heaping teaspoon for a full mug // 10 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 5 minute steep

Mastress Alita

I love this one! Makes an excellent latte.

tea-sipper

It kind of already HAS a latte element… not like I make lattes much. haha

Kittenna

Ooh. Sounds delicious. Onto the shopping list it goes!

I have been interested in trying this one out since reading Scheherazade’s review, since chocolate, coconut, and lavender are three of my favorite things! (I’ve been making a lot of lavender cocoa recently, and even my friends are quite fond of it!) I wasn’t crazy about the flavor of the Cat’s Pyjamas tea sampler in the Dreamtime Collection I picked up from Bluebird (though that stuff is a miracle drug at helping me go to bed early, so I’ll definitely be keeping it around and drinking it with some extra lemon and honey to help with the taste for those nights when I need to turn in extra early, so it has its uses!), but based on ingredients alone, I have high hopes that the flavor of this particular Dreamtime Collection tea will be a bit more to my liking!

The tea has a nice lavender aroma, with some carmelly sweet notes from the rooibos. The flavor of the tea is a very sweet rooibos base that has some caramel and mellow chocolately notes; it isn’t a strong, rich flavor, but more of a sweet subnote. There is touch of a coconut flavor, but the floral lavender notes come out much stronger. I absolutely love lavender, but the flavor is a bit overwhelming to the coconut here.

I don’t typically add milk to rooibos, but I do love milk in lavender blacks, so I decided to go with Scheherazade’s suggestion and added a dash of some coconut creamer. That definitely helped balance out the coconut notes, and the creamy texture was very pleasant. I enjoyed the tea enough before, but found the flavor balance much nicer with the dash of coconut creamer! I really enjoy coconut and lavender and found the combination a nice, sweet, relaxing cuppa for the afternoon and evening.

Flavors: Caramel, Cocoa, Coconut, Floral, Lavender, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

093/365

This is the first of the Dreamtime Collection teas I’ve tried (except Dozy Girl, which is part of the standard Bluebird line-up, so I’m not really counting that one.) I like the idea of coconut and cocoa, but lavender has me feeling a little wary. I made this one up as a latte with coconut milk, as per Bluebird’s recommendation and, surprisingly, it’s pretty good. Not my favourite, but good.

Obviously the coconut milk has significantly amplified the coconut flavour here, and it’s also added a creaminess that would otherwise be lacking. The lavender is the second strongest flavour, and is still fairly pungently floral, but not obnoxiously so. The cocoa comes in last; really just a hint of chocolate towards the end of the sip.

I’m happy with how the cocoa and coconut work together – that’s a tried and tested combination. I’m not over sold on the lavender – it’s a little jarring, and it feels like it doesn’t really quite fit in here. As a combination, especially with the milk, it’s a touch rich and cloying – quite difficult to drink in latte quantities (which for me means 500ml plus.) A smaller cup would definitely suffice for me.

On the whole, though, it’s not too bad. I like the coconut/coconut milk, and I got a good night’s sleep so perhaps it helped some. It has a rooibos base, but I wouldn’t have known with it made up this way – it could have been herbal, or even black…there was no taste to give it away. Where rooibos is concerned, that’s probably a good thing.

I doubt I’d buy more of this one, just because lavender isn’t really my thing and I don’t think it works particularly well with coconut and cocoa. Glad to have tried it, though, because you never know!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML