Tea From The Hood

Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Nettle, Rose Hips, Sencha
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Home – 9:00 PM Ugh, I should not have bought this. As soon as I poured the water over the dry leaf, I knew it was a mistake because it smelled overwhelmingly of bee pollen. I can’t stand bee...” Read full tasting note
  • “312/365 Another B&B store blend, this time for Nottingham! It’s inspired by Robin Hood and Sherwood Forest, and features a green base with nettle, hibi, apple, and bee pollen. The description...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

This is the Nottingham Store’s exclusive loose leaf tea blend!

Sherwood’s fruits of the forest tea with juicy berry & nettle greens!

This fantastically rich and earthy loose leaf blend captures the heart of the magical forest home to the famous Robin Hood! Made with nettle greens and juicy berry undertones, this blend will place you in the forest of dreams!

Chinese sencha green tea, nettle, bee pollen, hibiscus, apple pieces, rosehip, natural flavouring

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Home – 9:00 PM

I can’t stand bee pollen – to me, it smells and tastes like wet dog.

Yep, this smells and tastes like wet dog.

Nope nope nope! XD

tea-sipper

I wouldn’t mind trying this one, if I’m buying other teas from you, I’ll buy this one?

Mastress Alita

I’ve always assumed that bee pollen must taste like honey!

312/365

Another B&B store blend, this time for Nottingham! It’s inspired by Robin Hood and Sherwood Forest, and features a green base with nettle, hibi, apple, and bee pollen. The description suggests they’re going for a “fruits of the forest” kind of vibe.

It brews up unattractively murky, but I suppose it is suggestive of the depths of the forest! I suspect it’s partly the fault of the bee pollen, which sinks to the bottom fairly rapidly. I had the same issue with Worker Tea – the store blend for Manchester.

To taste, it’s seriously grassy. I actually thought I’d misjudged the water temperature and scorched it, but I remade it (this time extra carefully) and it’s just the same. I’m wondering whether it’s the nettle, but I’ve had nettle blends before and not experienced this. It usually tastes peppery to me, more than anything.

There’s a hint of apple and honey, but it’s mostly a very vegetal green. There’s a place for that, but here it’s just distracting…added to the fact that it completely disguises any real fruitiness. No forest berries here! It’s not often that I wish a blend contained more hibi, but I actually think it might help here. There’s something I never thought I’d say!

I’ll finish up my sample, largely because I’m interested to see if I can somehow improve my experience of this one, but at the moment it’s far from being a favourite. It’s not often I come across a dud from B&B, but I guess this could be the exception that proves the rule…?

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp