Chai Fruit Herbal Blend
Cloves, Ginger, Pumpkin, Spicy, Sweet, Butternut Squash, Spices, Caramel, Clove, Nutmeg, Vanilla
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

3 Images

• “I took out the cute little pumpkins in this mix because I can’t have potato starch. I’m not sure how much that has affected the taste, but here we go: This tea is super tasty, but I really wish I...” Read full tasting note
  • “The flavor here is different from other pumpkin teas in an interesting way. I like the direction they went. The spices are mild, but well balanced. I’ve sadly finished my entire 50g bag of this....” Read full tasting note
  • “I was asked by family member if I could brew some caffeine-free tea. I took this one, as – apparently I haven’t got yet, and finish the pouch as well. There were 7 and half grams of the blend;...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another tea from today! I don’t know why but the name of this tea really gets me – like, it’s cute and adorable as a stand alone name but also kind of witty/clever as a Spice Girl’s reference which...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Autumn 2018 saw the birth of best selling blend SPP’s baby… and now Autumn wouldn’t be Autumn without it, so we’ve brought it back again!

What’s Baby Spice all about? Well, we listened to your requests & created the perfect caffeine free Spiced Pumpkin tea to match our famous Spiced Pumpkin Pie!

Sweet & spiced flavours of cinnamon, ginger, pumpkin & apple; it’s perfect for any time of day – especially for Autumn sofa snuggling!

It is also child-friendly, so now the whole family can enjoy a nice, seasonal brew at the end of the day! This blend sells out every year, so make sure you stock up!

Cinnamon, ginger, cloves, pumpkin pieces, apple pieces, rosehip, sprinkles (sugar, potato starch, maltodextrin, vegetable fat (olive), colours (E163* anthocyanins, E100** curcumin), Safflower, natural flavouring.

is a natural food colouring that can come from plants, veg or flowers. is a natural food colouring that derives from turmeric

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

This tea is super tasty, but I really wish I was able to get the regular blend with the black tea base. Oftentimes I find that herbal blends just aren’t quite robust enough and I think that’s what I’m experiencing here.

The tea is still super tasty, with the lovely fall/winter spice and a creamy sweetness, almost like a buttercream icing (that isn’t too sugary, usually I do not enjoy icing because it’s too sweet haha).

Lex is loving this one, which is great, because I picked it up with her in mind!

Martin Bednář

This is blend for kids, so that is the reason why they used rooibos. For adults they have Spiced Pumpkin Pie, which should be same, but with bit more spices and black tea, if I recall last year email correctly :)

Courtney

Yes, I saw that too! I mostly ordered it for my partner who can’t really have caffeine, but I may order the regular one if they have any in stock when I place my next order!

Cameron B.

I still haven’t gotten my B&B order with this tea and Spiced Pumpkin Pie, I’m worried it’s lost… D:

Courtney

Oh no! I wonder if it’s been held up in customs? Mine shipped 28-October and arrived last week.

Cameron B.

Mine shipped on October 28th as well. I feel like usually they come much faster than this, but I could be mistaken… Maybe I’m just impatient. ;)

Courtney

I understand impatience! I wonder as well if it’s due to the post getting slower with the holiday parcels starting?

Cameron B.

Still haven’t gotten the order! T.T

I tried using the contact form on their website but they haven’t gotten back to me, so tomorrow maybe I’ll try the live chat…

Courtney

Oh no! I’ve used the live chat and they were absolutely wonderful! I hope you can get it figured out. Keep me posted!

Martin Bednář

They were reliable as well for me on the email; but live-chat will work hopefully well for you!

The flavor here is different from other pumpkin teas in an interesting way. I like the direction they went. The spices are mild, but well balanced. I’ve sadly finished my entire 50g bag of this. Thanks to amandastory516 for sharing an excellent fall tea! I never used milk with it because it honestly didn’t need it.

Dustin

I recently ordered 3 bags of this and regret not having bought more, especially with shipping fees.

Courtney

Oh noooo. I ordered only one bag on a whim! It’s still in the post, but all I see are great things about it!

AJRimmer

I only ever make orders during their Christmas in July and Boxing Day sales, and they never have this one in stock at those times ): I’m too spoiled by free/cheap shipping that I can’t make myself order during times when they don’t have free shipping. Maybe one day!

Cameron B.

I ordered a bag of this recently as well! FOMO purchase, heh…

I was asked by family member if I could brew some caffeine-free tea.

I took this one, as – apparently I haven’t got yet, and finish the pouch as well. There were 7 and half grams of the blend; which is, in my opinion good amount for 1 litre French press I was preparing in.

After few minutes of brewing, I decided to take a glass and sip. It brews light yellow, somehow spicy aroma. Maybe I detect the most bit of cloves and pumpkin. Which makes sense, as both those are there. Unfortunately, I do not notice cinnamon at all.

In taste – it is somehow spicy too, quite mouth-watrering tea it is. The pumpkin / vegetables are most present with warming spices. Ginger is there making it to “feel something” and in the end of sip, I notice quite strong sweetness.

Interesting tea, but, the pumpkin flavour is bit weird, I would maybe rather enjoy some other base. Maybe rooibos to keep it caffeine free? Maybe chicory root to make it bit bitter?

Flavors: Cloves, Ginger, Pumpkin, Spicy, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 7 tsp 34 OZ / 1000 ML

Another tea from today!

I don’t know why but the name of this tea really gets me – like, it’s cute and adorable as a stand alone name but also kind of witty/clever as a Spice Girl’s reference which feels extra clever since it came from a British tea company. Like, why does that hit me so much!? I had the bag of this tea at my desk today and every time someone came by while I was drinking the mug I would thrust the bag at them and excitedly squeal “look at this tea! The name is so cute!” It was like one of those out of body experiences where I was watching myself get excited about it and I just reacting with slight amusement and lots of confusion…

As for the taste!? Well, I actually enjoyed this A LOT more than I expected to. My initial fear was that it was basically just going to be a whole lot of spices and it would just taste like a generic pumpkin spice mix without either a unique element to the profile or any actual pumpkin. Well, colour me shocked because it was delicious. Definitely a spice blend to be sure – but the combination of clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, and just a little ginger are very well balanced. I particularly loved the amount of clove in the blend; it was distinct and so tasty. However, the best part was this thick and creamy vanilla note that I wasn’t prepared for, along with a hint of pumpkin – mind you, I imagine it was a pumpkin flavouring comboed with either just vanilla flavouring or either cream or vanilla cream flavouring but those notes were really smooth and strong. It actually tasted like having a slice of sweet pumpkin pie with cinnamon baked into the crust topped with a scoop of fresh vanilla ice cream and finely ground pumpkin spices. Really accurate and well done! Definitely more interesting than a straight up “pumpkin spice” blend, that’s for sure!

Only criticism is the sprinkles – cute as they are (and they are cute) I really just don’t think they’re necessary in the blend. I mean, I don’t love sprinkles in tea blends in the first place but in the case of this tea is just seems like something meant to elevate the visual, but I think the visual looks just fine – appropriate for the tea as it stands…

tea-sipper

I think the original blend needs that hint of sweetness from the sprinkles. It’s a perfect blend. I haven’t tried Baby Spice yet though!

I drank through my small stash of this last year, so I was anxiously awaiting its return. It’s as good as I remember, and perhaps my favorite pumpkin tea. The sweet, caramelized vanilla note works so well with the realistic pumpkin, and blend of spices (hello nutmeg and clove). It’s one of the few pumpkin teas that actually tastes like pumpkin (and not generic spices or carrots).

Flavors: Butternut Squash, Caramel, Clove, Nutmeg, Pumpkin, Vanilla

Dustin

Ugh! Waiting impatiently for my order of this to arrive!

amandastory516

I hope you get it soon!

I was looking for a caffeine free tea for tonight and this one fit the bill. It was the second of the three teas in my Bird & Blend subscription box. It brews up very pale. Either I didn’t add enough or that is just the way it brews. Since it is an herbal with no honeybush or rooibos I think it must just be that color.

When it was hot I didn’t really get much from it. AS it cooled it became sweeter, and almost creamy even without any cream. The spice appears to be fairly mild as I didn’t feel it. As it cooled further it became soapy. I’m not sure if that is just because of my non working nose. Sometimes I get phantom flavors. So to enjoy this one again I will need to wait for it to hit just the right temperature and then drink it quickly before it turns too cold.

I had a cup of this last night while standing around a burn barrel on Halloween under a blue moon with some friends talking about the old days at our camp at burningman. Mini Deathguild/Thunderdome Halloween reunion! This tea kept me warm and I’m having a resteep of it tonight. This cup is heavier on the cinnamon and clove, which is fine. It’s a really comforting evening cup and the spices make me feel cozy inside!

Courtney

Sounds like a fun night! This one is en route to me in the post and I can’t wait!

Dustin

It was a really nice mellow night. I’ve almost gone through one of the three bags I bought of Baby Spice. I should have bought more. :/ Hope you love it!

347/365

Halloween tea! This one’s the caffeine-free version of Spiced Pumpkin Pie, and at first I wasn’t even remotely close to believing that would be possible to pull off. How wrong I was! This is so close to tasting like SPP, it’s a little scary. It doesn’t have quite as much depth, perhaps, but it’s incredibly squashy – just like SPP! There’s not a huge amount of spice, at least initially. I found that it was more noticeable in the aftertaste – mostly cinnamon, and a touch of ginger. I don’t find SPP particularly spicy, though, so it’s in keeping with that.

One thing I did notice here is that there’s quite a lot of apple. It’s sweet-ish, but not overdone, and nicely bakey. I think the apple here is supposed to be contributing the “pie” aspect – where SPP does quite well at that, this one’s a little lacking . The apple almost makes up for it, though – it reminds me of apple pie filling, in a gooey, starchy, sweet sort of way. Lots of good things combined!

There is clove in this blend, but I couldn’t taste it. The same goes for the rosehip. It has the cutest pumpkin sprinkles, which probably shouldn’t sway me – but who am I kidding?! They’re not the same as the ones in SPP, which is a nice touch. Overall, I really like this one. I prefer the original, of course, but this is a fabulous substitute. It’s nice to have a bedtime version of SPP, and I can see myself drinking it a lot over the coming months. Winner, winner!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
tea-sipper

Nice to hear it is delicious yet different from the original. I’m drinking the original SPP right now. :D