Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

• “Pumpkin tea showdown! I drank 5 pumpkin teas side by side for comparison. Dry, this has a very rich yet bright scent to it. It smells very sugary and desert like. This is a tisane, so no tea left...” Read full tasting note
  • “347/365 Halloween tea! This one’s the caffeine-free version of Spiced Pumpkin Pie, and at first I wasn’t even remotely close to believing that would be possible to pull off. How wrong I was! This...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Product description not available yet.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Pumpkin tea showdown! I drank 5 pumpkin teas side by side for comparison.

Dry, this has a very rich yet bright scent to it. It smells very sugary and desert like. This is a tisane, so no tea left in the steeper basket, just rehydrated pumpkin pieces and flower petals. The taste I’m getting is bright, with a little bite, but well balanced. It’s slightly sweetened and I generally like it. I feel like I get a little more ginger bread in this.

Adding cream… it is now rich and lovely. I can maybe get a hint of pumpkin, but mostly I get a nice mix of spices on a pudding like base.
Cold… still pretty nice. I little more soapy of a mouthfeel, but still a good cup.

347/365

Halloween tea! This one’s the caffeine-free version of Spiced Pumpkin Pie, and at first I wasn’t even remotely close to believing that would be possible to pull off. How wrong I was! This is so close to tasting like SPP, it’s a little scary. It doesn’t have quite as much depth, perhaps, but it’s incredibly squashy – just like SPP! There’s not a huge amount of spice, at least initially. I found that it was more noticeable in the aftertaste – mostly cinnamon, and a touch of ginger. I don’t find SPP particularly spicy, though, so it’s in keeping with that.

One thing I did notice here is that there’s quite a lot of apple. It’s sweet-ish, but not overdone, and nicely bakey. I think the apple here is supposed to be contributing the “pie” aspect – where SPP does quite well at that, this one’s a little lacking . The apple almost makes up for it, though – it reminds me of apple pie filling, in a gooey, starchy, sweet sort of way. Lots of good things combined!

There is clove in this blend, but I couldn’t taste it. The same goes for the rosehip. It has the cutest pumpkin sprinkles, which probably shouldn’t sway me – but who am I kidding?! They’re not the same as the ones in SPP, which is a nice touch. Overall, I really like this one. I prefer the original, of course, but this is a fabulous substitute. It’s nice to have a bedtime version of SPP, and I can see myself drinking it a lot over the coming months. Winner, winner!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
tea-sipper

Nice to hear it is delicious yet different from the original. I’m drinking the original SPP right now. :D