Rooibos Matcha

Organic Red Rooibos
Alcohol, Creamy, Sweet, Wood
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Iced 8 oz / 236 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Bird & Blend Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 15 So today’s Bird & Blend matcha is not actually a matcha – it’s red rooibos ground into a powder. I’m not the biggest fan of red rooibos, but I...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

All the super powers of matcha BUT with caffeine-free rooibos tea!

Nicknamed: The Detox Warrior. The Energising Elixir. The Slimming Superhero. The Hangover Destroyer; Rooibos Matcha can aid weight loss, blood pressure and help with general wellbeing, detoxing, concentration levels and clarity of mind.

Perfect for mixing up as the ultimate latte for those hoping to kick their caffeine / coffee habit!

Organic Rooibos powder, ground to Japanese Matcha specifications, so you get all the great benefits with zero caffeine.

Warning: May contain traces of nuts

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

Bird & Blend Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 15

So today’s Bird & Blend matcha is not actually a matcha – it’s red rooibos ground into a powder. I’m not the biggest fan of red rooibos, but I have been enjoying it more lately.

Prepared as a matcha milk – 1 teaspoon of matcha for 8 ounces of cold soy milk.

This is actually quite nice with the soy milk – maybe I should try adding milk to rooibos blends more often. The powder mixed and dissolved perfectly with very little whisking required. The resulting liquid is a beautiful light terra cotta color. It’s creamy with a nice woody flavor. I’m never quite sure how to describe red rooibos other than woody. To me it almost tastes a bit alcoholic? But obviously prepared this way, the flavor is quite mild.

I do like this one, but I generally drink matcha in the morning so the lack of caffeine here is more of a hindrance in my opinion.

And my Bonne Maman jam for the day is Strawberry-Wild Strawberry Spread (Fraise-Fraise des Bois). I’m not sure what the difference is between regular and wild strawberries, but it’s certainly a delicious strawberry jam. Strawberry happens to be one of my favorite preserve flavors, so I’d be more than happy to eat this one with a spoon, heh…

Flavors: Alcohol, Creamy, Sweet, Wood