Mixology Matcha

Matcha White Tea
Matcha Green Tea, White Tea
Creamy, Grass, Seaweed, Smooth, Sweet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Iced 8 oz / 236 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Bird & Blend Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 11 So apparently this matcha is a mix of green and white tea. Prepared as usual as a matcha milk – 1 teaspoon of powder for 8 ounces of cold soy...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Bird & Blend’s signature green tea matcha powder, perfect for mixing up lattes, smoothies + baking too.

The Detox Warrior. The Energising Elixir. The Slimming Superhero. The Hangover Destroyer. These are some of the nicknames for our Matcha!

Matcha is a traditional Japanese powdered green tea with up to 10 x the benefits of regular green tea, 7 x the vitamin C as orange juice and 3 x the energy boost as an espresso shot! It’s packed full of antioxidants, minerals and nutrients and is said to aid weight loss, lowering blood pressure and increasing concentration levels and clarity of mind.

Bird & Blend’s Mixology Matcha contains rare and unique white matcha, grown at higher elevations to ensure an antioxidant boosted, even more nutrient rich cup.

Ground green tea, ground white tea.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

Bird & Blend Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 11

So apparently this matcha is a mix of green and white tea.

Prepared as usual as a matcha milk – 1 teaspoon of powder for 8 ounces of cold soy milk.

Hmm… This one is very mild, to the point where it’s weak-tasting when mixed with the milk. Odd since it’s meant to be perfect for lattes? I can taste some matcha flavor, a bit of smooth and sweet grassiness with a touch of seaweed. I’m not sure whether I can taste the white tea, but on Bird & Blend’s website they imply that it’s only there for the antioxidant boost, so I’m not surprised.

Overall, it’s not bad, and it whisked up quite well. I just need a little more punch from my matcha. I’ll have to try this one with water next time.

On to the Bonne Maman jam! Today it’s Apricot-Peach (Abricot-Pêche) spread. Apricot happens to be one of my very favorite preserve flavors. I’m spreading it on a leftover crescent roll again, because hey it’s pre-buttered! Needless to say, it’s very tasty. There’s more apricot than peach, and though it is quite sweet there’s a nice little hit of lemony tartness for contrast.

Flavors: Creamy, Grass, Seaweed, Smooth, Sweet