Maca Mocka Matcha

Food Herbal Blend
Chicory Root, Cocoa, Natural Flavours
Alcohol, Artificial, Chocolate, Cocoa, Coffee, Roasted, Smooth, Sweet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Iced 8 oz / 236 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Bird & Blend Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 19 Another non-matcha “matcha”. This one is a mix of cocoa powder, chicory, maca, and guarana with added flavoring. Maca is apparently a Peruvian...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

A creamy matcha combo of cocoa & maca root!

Forget the coffee! This mocchaccino inspired blend is a creamy combination of maca root & cocoa with South American guarana – the perfect pick me up treat!

Mixologist top tip: Our Angel Teabirds have been loving Maca Mocka with oat milk and vanilla!

Cocoa powder, chicory root, natural flavouring granules, maca, guarana

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

Bird & Blend Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 19

Another non-matcha “matcha”. This one is a mix of cocoa powder, chicory, maca, and guarana with added flavoring. Maca is apparently a Peruvian root vegetable, and I’m sure it’s meant to be good for me in some vague way. I can definitely smell a strong cocoa presence, even in the dry powder.

This is tasty actually. The chicory gives it a rich, roasted flavor that does remind me a bit of coffee. It’s very chocolaty, but not too sweet or too bitter. There is a little bit of an artificial chocolate taste from the added flavoring as well, and perhaps just a hint of an alcoholic flavor?

It’s probably not something I would feel the need to buy, since it has no actual matcha in it and no caffeine. But I will enjoy the mini tin that I have!

The Bonne Maman jam for today is Purple Fig (Figue Violette) spread. I love fig jam! This is quite dark and purply in comparison to the usual golden color of fig. It has a deep, sweet flavor that reminds me a bit of dates in addition to figs. Yummy. I’ll have to make a cheese plate with the rest of this later!

Flavors: Alcohol, Artificial, Chocolate, Cocoa, Coffee, Roasted, Smooth, Sweet

Iced 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
tea-sipper

Fig jam! That advent just gets better and better. :D

Cameron B.

But of course! You can’t have a French jam advent calendar without fig, after all. ;)