Mince Pie Matcha

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Ginger, Lemon Peel, Licorice, Natural Flavours, Nutmeg, Orange Peel, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Iced 8 oz / 236 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Bird & Blend Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 24 Happy Christmas Eve! And the last day for advent calendars, aww… Although I’m not too bummed – I haven’t been feeling tea-ish since I’ve been...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

A matcha fit for St. Nick himself, with notes of freshly rolled pastry, spices and zest!

Surely the staple of the festive season… Our guilt-free Mince Pie inspired rooibos matcha is like a Christmas hug in a mug! Make sure to hide this one away tonight, or it will be gone before morning!

Rooibos, apple (dehydrated apple, preservative (sulphur dioxide)), cinnamon, natural flavouring granules, nutmeg, lemon peel, ginger, liquorice, orange peel.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

Bird & Blend Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 24

Happy Christmas Eve! And the last day for advent calendars, aww… Although I’m not too bummed – I haven’t been feeling tea-ish since I’ve been sick, so I actually have a few sachets that I skipped to catch up on in the next couple of days.

B&B really seems to like these rooibos “matchas”… I’m not sure if it’s because they think the added flavors wouldn’t go well with green tea, or if it’s a caffeine thing. Either way, I find it annoying that none of their three holiday “matchas” actually contain matcha…

I removed a couple of big chunks of dried apple from this before whisking in the water. With soy milk added, the color is a pale terra cotta. Hmm, well I do like this much better than B&B’s Mince Pie tea. It has strong flavors of sweet orange and apple, with some mild spicing in the background. Clove isn’t mentioned in the ingredients, but perhaps it’s in the added flavoring, because I definitely taste it. There’s also cinnamon and a bit of licorice. Overall, it’s perfectly pleasant. There’s not a lot of flavor from the rooibos itself.

The last jam from the Bonne Maman calendar is Sweet Orange (Orange Douce) spread. Well, not a fortuitous turn of events for me, as a non-lover of marmalade, but I’ll give it a try. It’s quite a bit more liquid than the other spreads from the calendar. It does have a pleasant and sweet orange flavor, but it also has the orange peel which contributes its characteristic bitterness. I’m sure it’s a lovely marmalade, but it will never be a favorite of mine!

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Clove, Cookie, Licorice, Orange, Orange Zest, Pastries, Spices, Sweet

Iced 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
tea-sipper

I think it’s just a good thing that you aren’t burnt out on advent calendars and you aren’t sick of them yet! You must be a true fan of advent calendars. haha