Food Green Oolong Blend
Apple Pieces, Calendula Petals, Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea, Popped Rice, Rose Hips, Sencha, Sunflower Petals
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Another tea I was quite excited about (despite the steep price tag, IIRC!) But – this one delivers! I can’t really taste much oolong, which I’m sad about, BUT the flavouring is very similar to...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Roasty, toasty popped brown rice with a creamy oolong twist!

Our oolong brings all the Teabirds to the yard & this oolong is extra special as it is a twist on the traditional Japanese ‘peasant tea’: Genmaicha. Which means ‘popped rice tea’.

This blend was inspired by our love for rice milk and other plant milk. We wanted to create a blend that tastes delicious and creamy, without containing dairy! Oolong is a naturally creamy brew that compliments the flavours perfectly.

Chinese ti guan yin oolong, Chinese green tea, toasted rice, apple pieces, rosehip, Japanese sencha green tea, calendula petals, sunflower petals, natural flavouring

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

Another tea I was quite excited about (despite the steep price tag, IIRC!) But – this one delivers! I can’t really taste much oolong, which I’m sad about, BUT the flavouring is very similar to 52teas (Frank’s) original Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha! You might actually be able to fool me, it’s that close. So, naturally, I love it and am quite pleased. Creamy marshmallow vanilla with some popped rice toastiness. Just wish, as I said, there was some oolong here, since we’re paying oolong prices!

tea-sipper

I had this the other day! I agree it tastes like Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha, now that you mention it! I’m glad I bought a pouch just for that reason.

Kittenna

I’m not even sure what I was expecting here, but the description got me. It’s so good.

Neat