Strawberry & Pomegranate

Fruit Tea
Apple Pieces, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Rose Hips
Bitter, Fruity, Hibiscus, Sour, Strawberry, Tart
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “My caffeine-free selection for the evening. This is from my giant backlog of Bird & Blend subscription packets that I never drank… ^^’ I’m not a huge fruit tisane person, I find they tend to...” Read full tasting note
  • “I cold brewed this and it’s a pretty standard red fruit tea flavour. I’m actually getting more pomegranate than strawberry given the tartness that’s I associate with Pom juice is present here.” Read full tasting note
  • “Martin Advent Day 15 I haven’t had this one in a while and have definitely been in the mood for fruity teas today. I drank it cold. It was too tart for me, unfortunately. Just tart red fruit...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks again, AJRimmer! First I must mention that I didn’t steep this iced like B&B intends, I prepared it hot and drank it hot. But whoa, there was hardly anything to this cup at all, and I...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

When we first created this blend you could hear shouts of ‘oh wow’ and murmurs of ‘smells yummy!’ as the aromas wafted across the office at Tea HQ! Summer strawberry punch in a cup!

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

I’m not a huge fruit tisane person, I find they tend to taste the same and there’s usually too much hibiscus involved for my liking. This one smells luscious and strawberry & creamy in the bag.

This is a decent fruit tisane, but nothing special. There’s a generic tart fruity flavor to it, I think I can pick out pomegranate and strawberry but I might not have been able to if I hadn’t already known they were there. It’s a little bit too tart in my opinion, which just furthers the generic quality. I’m not getting any cream, though it would be hard-pressed to stand up to hibiscus. There’s a hint of bitterness in some sips.

I suppose a touch of sugar would probably help this one, but I’m not in the habit of sweetening teas so I’m drinking it plain. I’ll probably try a cold brew for the rest of the bag, though I haven’t been drinking much iced tea lately.

Not going to rate this, as fruit tisanes really aren’t my thing…

Flavors: Bitter, Fruity, Hibiscus, Sour, Strawberry, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Martin Advent Day 15
I haven’t had this one in a while and have definitely been in the mood for fruity teas today. I drank it cold. It was too tart for me, unfortunately. Just tart red fruit flavor. Maybe it would have been better steeped differently, but sadly it was too sour to be very enjoyable. I feel like B&B’s all fruit herbals don’t work for me as well as most of their other kinds of tea.

Thanks again, AJRimmer! First I must mention that I didn’t steep this iced like B&B intends, I prepared it hot and drank it hot. But whoa, there was hardly anything to this cup at all, and I steeped it at boiling, so if there was flavor here it would have been there in the hot cup, probably less so if I wanted to ice it? There is always the possibility this blend doesn’t like being steeped at boiling. Sometimes flavors shine at a lower temp. The brew color is the palest of yellow, so it isn’t even a pomegranate or strawberry red. There is the slightest hint of strawberry and pom to the flavor. I probably should have used two teaspoons but I’m not sure that really would have made a difference here. This is one of my least favorite blends from B&B. Meh.
Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon for a full mug // just boiled // 6 minute steep

AJRimmer

Yeah I always use more leaf and drink it cold. For some reason a lot of fruity teas taste like nothing hot. Sorry it’s not your favorite though!

tea-sipper

Not a prob – can’t win them all!

2 tsp with boiling water; as it is 8 pm. Grandpa.

It is bit tart – that is what I needed probably. It is generic fruity though. Strawberries are there; as well some tartness from pomergranate. It is not really full of title fruits as I have expected.

But it was good for this evening.

Combined with cornish clotted cream vanilla ice cream.

2 tsp
Martin Bednář

As I had it in the mug for long time, it turns out pretty fruity with strawberry sweetness and pomergranate tartness. It needs long steeps apparently to feel fruits how it should taste like.

gmathis

The ice cream sounds absolutely delicious, too!

Martin Bednář

gmathis: you bet it was :) too bad it was limited offer. Their “basic” is not so creamy. But good too.