Strawberry & Pomegranate

Strawberry, Tart
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Martin Bednář
185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more 8 g 22 oz / 650 ml

• “This one needs sugar to bring out the flavors. I seem to end up with different flavor notes every time I make a cup, so it’s been difficult for me to craft a review. I usually drink it cold, and...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks again, AJRimmer! First I must mention that I didn’t steep this iced like B&B intends, I prepared it hot and drank it hot. But whoa, there was hardly anything to this cup at all, and I...” Read full tasting note
  • “2 tsp with boiling water; as it is 8 pm. Grandpa. It is bit tart – that is what I needed probably. It is generic fruity though. Strawberries are there; as well some tartness from pomergranate. It...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

When we first created this blend you could hear shouts of ‘oh wow’ and murmurs of ‘smells yummy!’ as the aromas wafted across the office at Tea HQ! Summer strawberry punch in a cup!

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

This one needs sugar to bring out the flavors. I seem to end up with different flavor notes every time I make a cup, so it’s been difficult for me to craft a review. I usually drink it cold, and it’s sweet and refreshing with a pleasant red fruits flavor. I totally do get a hint of pomegranate, which is pretty nice. It’s like fruit juice – I’m always a fan of B&B strawberry teas! I will say that I’m drinking it right beside Jelly + Ice Cream, and well…I’d prefer the other tea any day. But I’m having a decent time! It’s a better than average fruit tea.

Thanks again, AJRimmer! First I must mention that I didn’t steep this iced like B&B intends, I prepared it hot and drank it hot. But whoa, there was hardly anything to this cup at all, and I steeped it at boiling, so if there was flavor here it would have been there in the hot cup, probably less so if I wanted to ice it? There is always the possibility this blend doesn’t like being steeped at boiling. Sometimes flavors shine at a lower temp. The brew color is the palest of yellow, so it isn’t even a pomegranate or strawberry red. There is the slightest hint of strawberry and pom to the flavor. I probably should have used two teaspoons but I’m not sure that really would have made a difference here. This is one of my least favorite blends from B&B. Meh.
Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon for a full mug // just boiled // 6 minute steep

AJRimmer

Yeah I always use more leaf and drink it cold. For some reason a lot of fruity teas taste like nothing hot. Sorry it’s not your favorite though!

tea-sipper

Not a prob – can’t win them all!

2 tsp with boiling water; as it is 8 pm. Grandpa.

It is bit tart – that is what I needed probably. It is generic fruity though. Strawberries are there; as well some tartness from pomergranate. It is not really full of title fruits as I have expected.

But it was good for this evening.

Combined with cornish clotted cream vanilla ice cream.

2 tsp
Martin Bednář

As I had it in the mug for long time, it turns out pretty fruity with strawberry sweetness and pomergranate tartness. It needs long steeps apparently to feel fruits how it should taste like.

gmathis

The ice cream sounds absolutely delicious, too!

Martin Bednář

gmathis: you bet it was :) too bad it was limited offer. Their “basic” is not so creamy. But good too.