Rooibos Tea
Cinnamon, Ginger, Pepper, Smoke
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Product description not available yet.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Wow, I did not like this the last time I had it!

This mug was actually really nice, though some of my criticisms were consistent – I just didn’t feel like they detracted as heavily from my overall experience. More than anything, this kind of just feel like an excuse to make a Lapsang Souchong tea blend. I am here for that decision, though! Bird and Blend has a fabulous Lapsang that they use for blending, and they should put it in more things. Well rounded sweet smoke notes, with red fruit undertones! The rooibos used is a little peppery, but I dig it. I definitely do not get whiskey at all though – aside from just the general associated of whiskey having that smokey note.

No “baby wipe cinnamon” in this mug though – for which I am grateful. I didn’t even remember making that comment until just now when I reread my previous tasting note, so maybe that first cup was a fluke? Or maybe this was the fluke? Gotta drink the tea more to find out, I guess.

I’ve had a couple cups of this now and I can’t decide what I think of it. To me it is warm water. I can’t taste anything . Of course, someone else probably could taste it perfectly well, but with no sense of smell, I rely on the ‘feel’ . Like, peppermint and ginger and other spices leave a sensation on my tongue. I can taste sweet. I can taste bitter or sour. At least it is not bitter. That really ruins a tea for me. Or things like hibiscus are so tangy that it is unpleasant.

This is not at all unpleasant. I just don’t taste anything. Maybe I’ll double the amount I use next time.

Sipdown. One of the few rooibos blends I actually enjoy (mainly because it doesn’t taste anything like rooibos). Smoky, ginger, cinnamon. So cozy. Sad to see this one go.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Pepper, Smoke