Pina Colada Matcha

Matcha Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Product description not available yet.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Another new (to me) Bird & Blend matcha!

I suppose this is technically speaking not a matcha – but I’m down with more liberal interpretations of what a matcha is so I don’t mind the branding choice. It was very easy to “whisk” up, though it doesn’t really froth like a matcha and the particles don’t stay suspended in the water as long as a matcha would.

In terms of taste this is DELICIOUS – but why wouldn’t it be!? I love almost anything pina colada flavoured, and I especially love when a pina colada inspired tea puts a bit more emphasis on the pineapple. That’s exactly what’s happening here! I mean, technically any pineapple I’m tasting is coming from flavouring and not actual pineapple – but I’m sure the lemon peel/lucuma/baobab are playing into the general fruitiness as well. I kinda get the lemon in particular; it’s just vaguely citrusy which works with the strong tropical vibes. Coconut is a little creamy, but mostly sweet. In general, this matcha is very sweet. Very, very sweet. It’s kind of sticky and coating too – I feel like it’s lingering in the bed of my mouth for a really long time and while I find it awesome I totally get how this whole tea would probably be a little much for anyone who doesn’t love sweet things, pineapple, or both…

The other note worthy thing? ZERO texture issues! That’s a big trigger for me with Bird & Blend matchas – but this one is smooth a silk.

Yeah. I’m a fan.

VariaTEA

How did you prep it. I have this at home and need to make it.

Roswell Strange

Just whisked a matcha spoon and a half (roughly; I eyeballed) in a mug of near boiling water.