Fruit Green Herbal Blend
Natural Flavours, Osmanthus, Peach, Sage, Sencha
Cut Grass, Earth, Peach, Freshly Cut Grass
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Mastress Alita’s sipdown challenge Wednesday, April 13th: National Peach Cobbler Day #2 I bought this during the Boxing Day sale and it seemed like a good day to write about it!  Honestly, never...” Read full tasting note
  • “#battleofthepeaches So, this past week I went through all six of the peach tea blends from Bird & Blend as cold brew teas as part of their summer Battle of the Peaches campaign – I wanted to do...” Read full tasting note
  • “SIPDOWN Ehm. What to write; it’s common sencha with expected peachy flavour but nope. Rather earthy — not sure if sage or osmanthus. Only once it was tasty and how I have expected it. Once in, at...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

A fruity but not sweet peach green tea, perfectly balanced with a twist of sage! This brew is great for those who loved Fairy Dust or Bramble Ramble – OG Teabirds will remember this one!

You’ll love me if you like: Peach Soda, Fairy Dust, Bramble Ramble.

Mixologist top tip: Try me iced with some fresh peach slices.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

I bought this during the Boxing Day sale and it seemed like a good day to write about it!  Honestly, never had a peach julip before so you can’t trust me on the accuracy with this one.   Here we have a green tea base with peaches, sage and osmanthus.   An interesting combination anyway!  The peach flavor itself seems very different from the peach flavor in their Peach Cobbler blend.  I love the flavor in Peach Cobbler.  It seems more like a fresh ripe peach, while the flavor here is more like a peach ring candy.  Personally, the couple times I have had osmanthus reminded me of peach anyway, so I’m not sure how much that is contributing here.  The sage would be very interesting!  However, I’m not sure I would even notice that it’s here without actually knowing it’s in the ingredients already.  Second steep a bit bland – maybe the parameters weren’t great.  Not the most fantastic blend from B&B but I bought it at a deep discount anyway.
Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon // 32 minutes after boiling //  1 1/2 minute steep
Steep #2 // 30 min after boiling // 2 min

#battleofthepeaches

So, this past week I went through all six of the peach tea blends from Bird & Blend as cold brew teas as part of their summer Battle of the Peaches campaign – I wanted to do this earlier, and I even ordered my teas as part of their subscriber pre release, but because of international shipping and Covid-19 delays I only ended up getting the teas right at the end of the campaign…

I posted an instagram story daily for each tea going through some thoughts on the cold brews – those stories are now saved as a highlight in case you missed them. Finally, after I’d gone through all of them I posted my final ranking for all the teas – so I’m going to write now starting from my least favourite to my favourite.

Obviously, Peach Julip came in sixth place for me – and once I knew the ingredients for the blend that was kind of what I’d expected would happen because there’s just so much green tea in this blend. It was one of the two new teas though that, based on name alone, I was most excited about initially.

Even if I was a green tea fan, though, I don’t think that this would have fit what I’d envisioned a “Peach Julip” tea tasting like – it was just a ton of sage and green tea and actually very little peach coming through at all. Plus, a Julep is usually made using whiskey and mint and there’s NOTHING in this blend that conveys those flavours at all. So this was really a miss for me in accuracy and execution.

It was also the only one of the six teas that I truly disliked. You can’t love them all, and if there was only one that I disliked overall then that seems like a win anyway…

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AeYJuxqu3A

(Ironic song choice, all things considered)

Martin Bednář

Interesting. I disliked it, then I took another chance, was better, so rated quite high. Maybe you need to retake it as well, some other proportions of ingredients, or it just isn’t your cuppa.

SIPDOWN

Only once it was tasty and how I have expected it. Once in, at least, four times. That’s pretty much disappointment!

Cameron B.

I am not a fan of sage in tea, it just goes too savory for me. As far as Bird & Blend goes, I find them to be very hit-or-miss. But there are some blends of theirs that I adore and would (or already do) keep stocked in my cupboard!

Martin Bednář

I agree completely. I have their subscription and while I was really happy to try their teas, it is recently pretty much boring.