Carrot Cake Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Bluebird kindly sent this one along as a free sample with my Boxing Day order. Thanks Bluebird! I love carrot cake and have tried a plethora of carrot cake teas. The ingredients here seem like...” Read full tasting note

From Bluebird Tea Co.

Yummy scrummy cakey cuppa with nutty notes + a touch of spice!
Afternoon tea in a cup! This light rooibos tea has been sprinkled with real carrot flakes + spiced to Bluebird perfection. Enjoy with or without milk, but always with a big slice of carrot cake!

Rooibos, Cinnamon, caramelised hazelnut (hazelnut, sugar), carrot flakes, vanilla pieces, nutmeg, mallow flowers, flavour.

1 heaped teaspoon per cup – 100° water – 4+ mins – with or without milk.

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

Bluebird kindly sent this one along as a free sample with my Boxing Day order. Thanks Bluebird! I love carrot cake and have tried a plethora of carrot cake teas. The ingredients here seem like they would make for the IDEAL and dreamy carrot cake cup: Rooibos, Cinnamon, caramelised hazelnut, carrot flakes, vanilla pieces, nutmeg, and even pretty purple mallow flowers. I love that Bluebird actually makes the effort to put actual carrot in this blend. It sounds like the perfect carrot cake blend in my opinion, but the result ends up a little weaker than I’d like. I went with a teaspoon and a half for a mug. Sadly, I think because I’ve tried so darn many blends like this, Bluebird’s blend is not quite living up to my expectations here. The flavor is fine, but I just expect it to have more flavor than this, especially if I’m using a half teaspoon more. Overall the flavor turns out mildly sweet, spicy, cakey and carroty. But I’m surprised that there isn’t MORE of these notes here.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug// 10 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 5+ minute steep