Butterbotch

Apple Pieces, Black Tea, Butterscotch, Cocoa Nibs, Marigold Flowers, Natural Creme Flavor, Rose Hips
Butterscotch, Caramel, Peanut
Edit tea info Last updated by amandastory516

• “Apparently I am doing a poor job of timing my steeps today as this one steeped for over 5 minutes the first time. A bit of a burnt taste to this over brew, but I stuck with it and tried a second...” Read full tasting note
  • “Day 4 of advent. Very rich butterscotch candy scent when dry. I steeped it for just over three minutes, but I think that may have been too much. In addition to a strong butterscotch flavor there...” Read full tasting note
  • “Advent day 4! I had a somewhat hectic day, and I’m a bit behind on sipping through my advent offerings. This is a Brutalities flavor I’ve been wanting to try for awhile, so I was happy to see it in...” Read full tasting note

From Brutaliteas

Product description not available yet.

About Brutaliteas View company

Apparently I am doing a poor job of timing my steeps today as this one steeped for over 5 minutes the first time. A bit of a burnt taste to this over brew, but I stuck with it and tried a second steep that is a bit more butterscotch and caramel. Less burnt and more peanut brittle with a light lingering butterscotch after taste. Might need to try this with less leaf and a shorter steep time.

Flavors: Butterscotch, Caramel, Peanut

Day 4 of advent. Very rich butterscotch candy scent when dry. I steeped it for just over three minutes, but I think that may have been too much. In addition to a strong butterscotch flavor there was also a tanic bitterness. Adding in cream helps mellow out that bite and blends well with the butterscotch flavor.
I love the wacky names that this company comes up with, but some of them I don’t know the reference for. This is one of them. Is there a band I’m not aware of? A meme that I missed? A horror movie I never heard of?

Advent day 4! I had a somewhat hectic day, and I’m a bit behind on sipping through my advent offerings. This is a Brutalities flavor I’ve been wanting to try for awhile, so I was happy to see it in the advent. Unfortunately, it’s a bit of a miss for me. The butterscotch flavor is far too mild for my taste, and there’s something a bit too astringent/bordering on sour that just isn’t working for me.

Dustin

Weird! I thought it had a fairly distinct butterscotch flavor. Maybe my sample had more bits of something flavorful than yours?

amandastory516

I thought it smelled pretty strongly of butterscotch, so I was surprised when it tasted so mild. Perhaps my tastebuds were effected by something I ate prior to tasting it?