Watermelon Lime Slushie

Pu-erh Tea
Earth, Lime, Smooth
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by adagio breeze

• “Yummy! I was talking to Red Fennekin in part about puerh, and I had a hankerin’ so I grabbed this one and it was a goood choice. I’m not sure which base it uses but it is good. The flavouring isn’t...” Read full tasting note
  • “mmm this one is tastier than i thought it would be. I really like stacy’s watermelon flavouring and her lime makes me happy. this IS a softer sort of blending and i like it quite a bit. I can...” Read full tasting note
  • “This smells insanely good – Watermelon-Lime is an amazing combo. I didn’t bother rinsing it this time (lazy), so I don’t know if that would have improved it, but I found the base to be a bit weird...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is an intense lime. not as much as the Lime Marshmallow, thank goodness, but it is there. funny enough, it was strongest at the first two or so steeps, then mellowed out, but became stronger...” Read full tasting note

From Butiki Teas

Sweet yet subtle watermelon and refreshing lime complement our earthy puerh for a complex and contrasting flavor. We recommend sipping this tea at a cooler temperature or adding a little sugar to fully experience all of the flavors. Adding sugar turns this tea into a sweet and tart lime slushie. Please rinse this puerh prior to steeping.

Ingredients: Chinese Puerh Tea, Lime Peel, Amaranth, Organic Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of

About Butiki Teas View company

Yummy! I was talking to Red Fennekin in part about puerh, and I had a hankerin’ so I grabbed this one and it was a goood choice. I’m not sure which base it uses but it is good. The flavouring isn’t what I’d call weak, but it’s delicate enough and the puerh more than holds its own. The lime flavour is more noticeable than the watermelon, but the watermelon note does actually come through, which I think is an achievement with such a delicate flavour. Especially since I didn’t get it in the Watermelon Xylophone! It was actually delicious on its own, with the puerh all mellow and chilling with the bright juicy lime and the sweet delicate watermelon, but since it’s called slushie I wanted it to come across more fake and artificial – I think that’s the first time I’ve ever said that about a tea – so I added a generous amount of sugar and it really did turn it into a more grown-up version of a melted lime slushie. The watermelon is more in the background with sugar, mostly because it brought out the lime so much more, but I can still tell it’s there. The puerh base is still really good and can definitely take a lot. Even with the stronger citrus flavour and added sugar it’s a beautiful tea. Silky, earthy, and something umami that’s not sweet and not savoury but somewhere in between. Noms all round.

mmm this one is tastier than i thought it would be. I really like stacy’s watermelon flavouring and her lime makes me happy. this IS a softer sort of blending and i like it quite a bit. I can totally see where the slushie comes from :) i’ll enjoy this one while i’ve got it!

This smells insanely good – Watermelon-Lime is an amazing combo. I didn’t bother rinsing it this time (lazy), so I don’t know if that would have improved it, but I found the base to be a bit weird as a pu’erh, since it was kind of earthy, which doesn’t go with a watermelon/lime slushie, to me. I think a green base, or perhaps white, might have worked better. Not bad, though.

This is an intense lime. not as much as the Lime Marshmallow, thank goodness, but it is there. funny enough, it was strongest at the first two or so steeps, then mellowed out, but became stronger and less candy-like at the end of my session.

I really liked that this was paired with a puerh. It’s such a unique flavor combo that I don’t think anyone could have thought of it other than Stacy. The rich and earthy puerh has a thick and almost buttery mouthfeel, greatly contrasting the bright and fruity lime. I get a hint of watermelon, but it is more of a light accompaniment.

Flavors: Earth, Lime, Smooth

M

This sounds great! Not a combination I’ve ever heard of.

scribbles

This sounds amazingly yum!

MissB

Sigh. It’s posts like these that make me want to be back home in Canada so that I can order things like this from Stacy, because of course, she’s going out of business. Yes, yes, I’m surrounded by French, British, German, Norweigan and Swiss teas here in Belgium, all of which are amazing in their own right. But really? Watermelon Lime Slushie with a puerh? Le sigh.

TheLastDodo

It’s so intense and strange! But so strangely incredible.

I got this after realizing how much I loved the watermelon doke, and figured I needed anything with watermelon in my life.

It is tasty, but the puerh base is a bit odd. It definitely holds up to the intense lime and watermelon, which were pretty balanced, but the earthiness didn’t really evoke slushie to me. As though it matters when it tastes good. Next time, I am letting my cup of this totally cool as it could be really spectacular as an iced tea.