Assam Black Tea, Cinnamon, Coconut, Spices
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I was won over by the description of this tea and how everyone who smells it ends up buying it so I wanted to smell it too. Spoiler: it smells goooood! That smell does transfer slightly to the...” Read full tasting note

From Calabash Tea & Tonic

Oooomph! An in-store customer favorite for its captivating VERY SENSUAL scent. Is that enchanting aroma vanilla or chocolate or creamy coconut? Everyone says something different . . . but they all wanna take it home and have their way with it!

Ingredients: The finest organic Assam black tea accented with beautiful blue tea flower petals, coconut, cinnamon, spices & love!

About Calabash Tea & Tonic View company

1 Tasting Note

I was won over by the description of this tea and how everyone who smells it ends up buying it so I wanted to smell it too. Spoiler: it smells goooood! That smell does transfer slightly to the taste, leaving a velvety smooth coconut impression. Alas, there is a sharp metallic twang at the end of this sip that really distracts from it. Calabash doesn’t give recommended steeping parameters so I went with my usual of 3 mins at 200F. Won’t be doing that again.

Martin Bednář

So… blue & coconut? Why call it blue then?

VariaTEA

It has coconut and blue petals. I think “blue velvet” is a thing though.

ashmanra

Blue Velvet was a song by Bobbie Vinton, released in 1963. It was also a horror film that I never saw in the…80’s? I am guessing they were going for the smooth Vinton song. Maybe the blue is cornflower petals and the coconut is the smooth velvet?

Martin Bednář

That makes bit sense then :)