Gyokuro Shizuoka Organic

Green Tea
Bread, Drying, Fruity, Pine, Smooth, Sour, Sweet, Umami, Yeast, Seaweed, Spinach, Vegetables, Wet Moss
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Togo

From Camellia Sinensis

Cultivar: Yabukita
Producer: Coop d’Okabe
Altitude: 500m
Date of harvest: May 2, 2021

The Okabe farmers cooperative in Japan offers us this green tea in the Gyokuro style produced following the covered method of cultivation giving it its characteristic taste from shade.

The soft green liquor is sweet, full, and imbued with intense hints of green vegetable (spinach) and berries.

A mellow and textured tea for traditional style enthusiasts.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

A smooth gyokuro that is more bready than marine. It has a fruity sourness and a cooling pine-like aftertaste.

Flavors: Bread, Drying, Fruity, Pine, Smooth, Sour, Sweet, Umami, Yeast

This tea is one of my absolute, all time favorites. First of all, the price for an organic tea of this quality is amazing. But mostly… the taste. This tea is perfect.
I like to drink green tea and white above all others. The subtle flavors mixed with the strong antioxidants properties have really got me hooked but whenever I feel like having a more flavorful afternoon tea, I turn to this little gem. Its taste is an acquired one I think: it’s very deep, much more intense than your typical sencha, yet it has none of the matcha bitterness to it. It hits you with a burst of spinach-like flavor and at the same time, has a sort of sweetness to it. The ending note is kind of wet (this is very hard to explain!), like seaweed perhaps, but without the saltiness.
The taste really lingers in the mouth. I especially like to use my senchado for this. It gives a much stronger liquor, of a beautiful, dark green color.
I assure you, you cannot regret this tea. It will leave you wanting more!

Flavors: Seaweed, Spinach, Vegetables, Wet Moss