Hojicha Isagawa

Green Tea
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sweetea

• “Love me a good hojicha. This one has the expected roasted flavor, but it also has a delightfully unexpected gentle sweetness. The steeping instructions are different than what I usually use (these...” Read full tasting note
  • “Yixing pot gongfu! Restocked pretty recently on this cupboard staple Hojicha & decided to treat myself to a nice afternoon tea session now that I’m replenished again!! Golden & toasty, this...” Read full tasting note

From Camellia Sinensis

A well balanced blend of leaves and stems roasted to its characteristic ochre colour. Its crystal clear, brick-red liquor is smooth and silky, giving generous and comforting aromas of hardwood, toasted cereals and hazelnuts. Among the classics of Japan, this everyday tea is often offered after a meal.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

Love me a good hojicha. This one has the expected roasted flavor, but it also has a delightfully unexpected gentle sweetness. The steeping instructions are different than what I usually use (these are 195f for 4-5 minutes, I usually go for 212f for 30 seconds to a minute). Now I’m curious to prep other hojichas this way and see what happens.
Another hit from the TTB, and excited that I got to try out a new-to-me tea company!

Yixing pot gongfu!

Restocked pretty recently on this cupboard staple Hojicha & decided to treat myself to a nice afternoon tea session now that I’m replenished again!! Golden & toasty, this hojicha is basically an explosion of carmelized peanut notes – one of my favourite “lighter roast” hojichas, and a good break up from the darker roast I’ve been drinking recently. Only downside is that it steeps out quickly; but thankfully it’s light and a 50g restock goes a long way!

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKrnCS5AM1t/

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmiGVmB5qvo&ab_channel=StillCorners-Topic

tea-sipper

ooo.. what are those cookies?

Roswell Strange

Chocolate coated peanut butter cookies XD

Cameron B.

Ooh are they like the Girl Scout Tagalongs?