Oolong Tea
Caramel, Floral, Grain, Grapes, Honey, Muscatel, Orange Blossom, Raisins, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Leafhopper

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is the 2016 harvest. In the bag, it has an aroma of muscatel, florals, and grass, kind of like a first flush Darjeeling. I steeped 5 g of leaf in an 85 ml teapot at 195F for 30, 20, 30, 30,...” Read full tasting note

From Camellia Sinensis

This is a new lot of this famous wulong made by Mr. Xu in Taiwan, highly prized for its aromatic complexity. Composed of many buds and small leaves, it possesses intoxicating aromas of cooked pears, spices and heady flowers. Its liquor is rich and sweet evoking warm buckwheat honey or caramelized root vegetables. A satisfying daily drink, for its invigorating effect and its flavors!

About Camellia Sinensis View company

1 Tasting Note

This is the 2016 harvest. In the bag, it has an aroma of muscatel, florals, and grass, kind of like a first flush Darjeeling. I steeped 5 g of leaf in an 85 ml teapot at 195F for 30, 20, 30, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, and 240 seconds.

I love this tea! The first steep has notes of muscatel, raisin, green grapes, grain, orange blossom, dried flowers, caramel, honey, and wood. It’s like a cross between a really muscatel-heavy first flush and a full-bodied Taiwanese oolong. Even though I used a fair amount of leaf for the size of my vessel, there’s no bitterness; instead, there’s a lovely mouthfeel and a long aftertaste. The subsequent steeps are pretty consistent, which is more than okay in my book. As the session goes on, however, the raisin note grows more prominent, and since I’m not a big raisin fan, this is my only tiny gripe with this tea.

This fascinating bai hao was a pleasure to drink. I loved its similarity to a Darjeeling, though I might be the only one to compare such dissimilar tea types. At $35 for 50 g, it’s certainly not a daily tea for me, but it’s a wonderful occasional indulgence.

Flavors: Caramel, Floral, Grain, Grapes, Honey, Muscatel, Orange Blossom, Raisins, Wood

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 30 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 85 ML