Thé à l’érable (Maple Tea)

Black Tea, Maple Crystals
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “I’ve been eyeing up this maple tea ever since CS announced/released it – and thankfully one of my coworkers went out and bought some before I had a chance to, otherwise I would have gone and got...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea is much much better when steeped just 4 minutes and not…..however long it was last time. I think I’ll even try 3 next time. The black tea still tastes very ‘dark’ to me here. Not really...” Read full tasting note

From Camellia Sinensis

After quite a bit of research, we can say that we found the perfect pairing of two terroirs : tea from our Tea Studio Southern India and pure maple sugar from St.Ferdinand in Québec. The result is an exquisite of malty sweetness. Try it with milk!

About Camellia Sinensis View company

I’ve been eyeing up this maple tea ever since CS announced/released it – and thankfully one of my coworkers went out and bought some before I had a chance to, otherwise I would have gone and got some for myself and wound up with 50g of a tea I just am not really into. Like, the dry leaf smelled good – natural maple and a little bit woody/malty. I just found the steeped profile very underwhelming. I know this is natural maple/not really flavoured at all so I didn’t expect anything overly intense – but the maple was so weak/light and not particularly sweet at all. I mean, the black tea base they’ve mixed it with is quite nice: woody, malty and a little bit of a honey taste. However, since the maple didn’t really bring much to the table for me I might as well have just sought out the base itself and drunk that instead…

But now I know, and at least I didn’t blind buy 50g of it.

This tea is much much better when steeped just 4 minutes and not…..however long it was last time. I think I’ll even try 3 next time. The black tea still tastes very ‘dark’ to me here. Not really finding any other words than that. Not quite bitter but i did add some additional sweetener and milk as the package recommended. Quite tasty and I’ve been sharing with a friend at work. This is good but I’ll probably not buy it again.