Stateside Chai ( Yaupon Tea)

Black Chai Blend
Chili, Cloves, Coconut Flakes, Flavouring, Ginger, Rooibos, Safflower, Saigon Cinnamon
Coconut, Spices
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Magycmyste
175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more 10 oz / 295 ml

3 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “So according to this company, yaupon is the only caffeinated plant native to North America. I got this tea as a gift from a friend who knows my love of chais. The first sip, I get a subtle,...” Read full tasting note

From Cat Spring Tea

Stateside Chai is our unique black yaupon tea loose leaf blend inspired by traditional chai with a decidedly western twist. Beautiful spices compliment black yaupon tea without overtaking its mild roasted notes.

Contains: yaupon tea, rooibos, saigon cinnamon, ginger, coconut flakes, cloves, safflower, crushed chili, and organic compliant flavorings.
The enchanting blue quail and long eared rabbit are by Dolan Geiman.

About Cat Spring Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

The first sip, I get a subtle, unsweetened coconut backed by spices, giving this ba lovely sweet and spicy flavor. I think the rooibos adds to the sweetness as well. That flavoring persists through the rest of the cup – coconut soft and center stage, backed up with the tiniest bite of ginger and chili. None of it overtakes the tea itself – I’m still not sure what the flavor of yaupon it, but there is a slight tartness along with the sweetness of the rooibos.

Flavors: Coconut, Spices