Pedernales

Yerba maté Tea
Grass, Green, Pleasantly Sour
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by teaqueen
Boiling 8 min or more 12 oz / 354 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Catspring sent me a free single teabag of this blend to try with the rest of my order. It’s very smooth. At first, it tastes very similar to any nondescript bagged green tea, with a tiny little...” Read full tasting note

From Cat Spring Tea

Clean and refreshing, our staple green yaupon celebrates the tranquility of the Pedernales river, that flows over and around huge slabs of limestone, creating a tranquil and safe space in which to relax and recharge. Enjoy it hot or cold brewed: You’ll be relaxed and recharged by the time its vibrant green hue turns earthy brown.

Available in 2 ounce loose leaf or 16-count individually wrapped yaupon pouches (our take on the tea bag).

About Cat Spring Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

It’s very smooth. At first, it tastes very similar to any nondescript bagged green tea, with a tiny little twinge of pleasant sourness in the aftertaste. The longer I let it steep though, the more it started to remind me of raspberry leaf. It has the same sort of mouthfeel.

What makes this blend special though is the soothing experience of drinking it. There’s something about yaupon that just feels healthy and right. Maybe it’s the way the liquor holds the water temp— yaupon infusions seem to stay warmer longer than regular tea— or maybe it’s the mildness of the flavor.

Unflavored green teas are not my thing personally, so I much prefer Catspring’s Marfa Dark Roast and Lost Maples Medium Roast yaupon options, but this was definitely not bad.

Flavors: Grass, Green, Pleasantly Sour