Black Chai Pu-erh Blend
Allspice, Black Pepper, Cacao Nibs, Cardamom, Chicory, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Juniper, Lapsang Souchong, Nettle, Pu Erh Tea
Smoke
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

3 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I have been trying to get my hands on this tea for months. Not exaggerating. Cedar Hill Homestead only does releases once every month or two, and apparently this particular tea has a following. I...” Read full tasting note

From Cedar Hill Homestead

Cedar Smoked Fermented Black Tea

If you’ve never enjoyed the decadence of smoked & fermented Lapsang Souchong & Pu’er tea, get ready for your life to change. Smokey Taboo is a dark, smokey blend to deliver caffeine in the most efficient and extravagant way possible. Through fermented black teas, chai spices, resinous hardwoods, Sandalwood smoke, rich Chicory and Cacao and nutritive Reishi and Nettle. Add a touch of honey and cream and enjoy the best moment of your whole day.

Ingredients: Cedarwood, Juniper Leaf and Berry, Cacao Nib, Sandalwood Chips and Smoke, Nettle, Reishi Mushroom, Chicory, Ginger, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Allspice, Clove, Black Pepper, Cayenne, Smokey Lapsang Souchong and Pu’er Black Teas

Suggested Dose: 1 heaping tbsp. per 8oz steeped a minimum of 5 min.

About Cedar Hill Homestead View company

1 Tasting Note

I have been trying to get my hands on this tea for months. Not exaggerating. Cedar Hill Homestead only does releases once every month or two, and apparently this particular tea has a following. I finally got a 4-ounce bag in my last purchase and saved it for tea night with my brother. It’s the first time he’s been able to come over for a visit since probably January. He and I both love smoky teas, so it was the perfect pick for the evening. Well, aside from the caffeine, which I wasn’t too worried about on a Friday night.

This tea is all smoke, wow. It definitely lives up to its name. I didn’t really notice any of the chai spices or other ingredients, but I was visiting and chatting while drinking. Next time I’ll pay more attention to the flavors. I have plenty of this left to experiment.

Flavors: Smoke