Herbal Tea
Bitter, Cinnamon, Nutty, Spices, Tannic, Cardamon, Toffee, Cloves, Ginger, Nutmeg, Sweet, Vanilla, Pepper, Licorice, Espresso, Caramel, Spicy, Honey, Chestnut, Chocolate, Cream, Clove
Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

• “I was in the mood for a Chai, but it’s late enough in the day that I don’t need the caffeine, so I opted for this one, steeped rather strongly in minimal water, then combined with homemade almond...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown! I finally finished off a box of this and just remarked on someone’s else’s tastng note today that I’ve been drinking this for years, a sweet cinnamon-y concoction that’s nice with soymilk...” Read full tasting note
  • “I dunno what has gotten into me tonight but I have no energy. The ultimate couch potato. So I needed this cuppa comfort tonight, I really did. I’ll write more tomorrow, and get back to anyone who...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thank you, VariaTEA. :) Tea of my childhood. I can’t believe I used to steep this forever and put in heaping spoons of honey. Holy moley. It is SO sweet. Cinnamon-vanilla-spice tea. Definitely off...” Read full tasting note

From Celestial Seasonings

Bengal Spice tea contains a sweet medley of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. This blend has a sweet, creamy taste that adds a sumptuous quality to this medley of herbs and spices! This zesty tea is an exotic taste adventure with cinnamon, ginger and cardamom to awaken your senses. A hint of vanilla smooths the taste and adds a bit of sweetness. Discover the treasure of sweet and spicy flavor in a simmering mug of 100% natural Bengal Spice. Add a touch of cream or milk to treat yourself to a traditional serving of Indian spiced tea.

All Natural:
This product contains all-natural herbs and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.

Ingredients:
Cinnamon, roasted chicory, roasted carob, natural spice and vanilla flavors with other natural flavors, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, cloves and nutmeg.

Caffeine Status:
Naturally Caffeine Free

Gluten Status:
Gluten Free

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Really enjoyed this chai. It is heavy on the cinnamon but I like that. I think I paid about $2.50 for the box which is a steal. A big factor with chai to me is if its strong when you add the sugar and milk, the worst is if it gets a little thin once you add those. There was no issue with that with Bengal Spice. Enjoy.

I don’t care that this is a bagged tea I JUST LOVE IT! Sometime I think people turn their nose up at bagged tea but you are missing out my friend.

I love it for so many reasons especially the convenience of it being a bagged tea and I can have it at work with no fuss no muss. I love it because I have been sick all week and feeling cold and achy and one mouthful of this and I felt warmed and loved.

The smell is intoxicating for me its sweet and cinnamony and the spice its just perfect. This is the first time that I have had a celestial tea and so far I like them a lot.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Toffee

More interesting finds from my moms tea cabinet. She said this is close to a chai tea. Sort of. It’s really more of a strong Spiced tea. And when I say strong, I mean the scent alone cleared my sinuses.

I’m actually not a huge fan of spiced teas, but this one I like for some reason. Still, the spice flavor overwhelms the tea base. But I guess that’s what a spiced tea is supposed to be.

In that case, this is an amazing Spiced Tea. I’m just not a spiced tea fan.

Very surprised by the quality of this teabag, a great caffeine free alternative to a Chai tea. The tea had a bold character full of cinnamon but the offnotes of Ginger, cloves and nutmeg seem to fall short and have no stamina. The warm spiced tea has no bitter or astringent taste even when steeped for an excessive amount of time. It is naturally sweet and doesn’t need any sugar.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Nutmeg, Spices, Sweet, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 4 g 8 OZ / 250 ML

Nice but if you steep too long the flavour can become slightly overpowering. I enjoy this after dinner!

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 400 OZ / 11829 ML

So, I revisited this tea. Instead of steeping in water, I did so in hot plain unsweetened almond milk for 4-5 minutes (made it quite strong). Then added a little SF Vanilla syrup.

Wow, this is actually really good now.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Ginger, Pepper

This is soooo good!
So spicy and exotic to me. It makes me think of drinking a melange tea from Dune (which may be because of watching that movie while drinking it, but it’s how I’d like to believe a tea made with melange would taste).
Gorgeous cinnamon and spice taste and scent. I found the taste significantly different in my older couple year box from my new box. Both delicious, but different spices coming to the forefront. The newer, fresher box reminds me of cinnamon hearts. Even without drinking this tisane, it’s worth making a cup just to smell it!
I like drinking this with milk and possibly sweetener.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Spices

I had long been wary of this no-black-tea attempt at Indian spices, but received a box worth as a gift so dutifully gave it a few cups’ try. Suffice to say, I was right to be scared. Too much spice in the form of nutmeg & pepper overwhelmed with vanilla and nowhere near enough of the ginger, cinnamon and cardamom that would make an herbal ‘chai’ emulation worthwhile. Will be leaving the rest of this box at work for the less chai-obsessed folk.

Flavors: Nutmeg, Pepper, Vanilla

This tea was WAY TOO SWEET! I finished the cup but it was a struggle.

The spice blend was ok but not that good but what really ruined it was the fact that it was overly sweet.

I tried it again blended with a regular chai tea thinking that it might make it taste better. unfortunately this blend was also a disappointment. Sorry but I just can’t recommend Bengal Spice.

I will end up giving the rest of the box away if I can find someone else who likes this stuff.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 12 OZ / 350 ML

Very tasty for a spiced caffeine free.