Wild Berry Zinger

Fruit Herbal Blend
Blackberry Leaves, Chicory, Citric Acid, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Rose Hips
Blackberry, Hibiscus, Raspberry, Berries, Berry, Blueberry, Fruity, Sour, Strawberry, Tart, Cherry, Fruit Punch, Lemon
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Last night I was heading into my bed to read before sleeping, when I absolutely had to have a cup of tea to take with me. Now, sometimes I thinking about it before hand and make a cup of tea to...” Read full tasting note
  • “Now this one’s a teabag courtesy of one of my roommates (who is away for the summer). Brewed aroma here is definitely more fakey-cherry. Cherry cough syrup-y? Flavourwise, I’m again getting a...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m still chilly – hope I’m not getting sick! I decided to make a lazy herbal bagged tisane with some honey. I chose this one because it’s the one flavor in my CS sampler that I haven’t tried...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another one I found in the previously mentioned Big Tins of Mystery! It was out of a Celestial Seasonings sampler pack that a former friend (we fell out, probably for the best) once sent me for my...” Read full tasting note

From Celestial Seasonings

“There’s no mistaking a Zinger®! The freshly picked taste of this luscious blend evokes thoughts of coming home at dusk with pails full of ripe berries bursting with flavor. We add hibiscus – the tart, ruby-red herb that gives a Zinger its zing – and sweet blackberry leaves to layers of juicy berry flavor in this wonderfully balanced brew.”

— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster

This product contains all-natural herbs, and no artificial colorings or flavorings.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

this tea is ok. i have had better. too similar to other teas i can get a hold of. i will not be doing a full review on this tea.

Last night I went to Walmart a little tipsy, and ended up spending $100 on a Keurig Brewer. They had intrigued me for a while, and I was surprised to see one for only $100. After looking for K-Cups a couple different places, I wasn’t too excited about their options for tea. I read quite a few reviews that told me just tossing in a tea bag was a bad idea…but I just couldn’t resist.

First I tried a white tea in the Keurig, and was pleasantly surprised at how tasty it was! I was so excited to be enjoying such yummy tea in under 2 minutes, that I just had to try a second bag. In the mood for something fruity, I ripped open my wild berry zinger out of my fruit tea sampler and decided to give that a whirl. I was pretty excited when I first smelled it, but didn’t want to get my hopes up. Fortunately I was not disappointed!

It tastes very similar to fruit punch to me. And I’m a huge fan of fruit punch. :) I suppose it has some tartness to it but it’s not overwhelming. I’m really curious to see what this tastes like iced. I bet with a bit of stevia it will be delicious! Hoping I can find a box of this this weekend- since it’s from the fruit sampler I only have 2 or 3 left.

One of these days I may try steeping this in my teapot just to see how it compares to the way it tastes from the Keurig. This machine of course doesn’t replace my kettle/teapot but I definitely see myself using this on mornings I have to be to class by 8, and at night when I just don’t have the energy to mess with steeping the old-fashioned way!

I’m excited I can make using of my new brewer without having to spend $12 for 16 cups of tea!

Strong, full bodied berry flavor. Although I prefer to drink it unsweetened, other people tell me that the “zing” is too overpowering. I always buy this in boxes of two, since it’s one of my favorites.

This Tisane delivers a wild berry zinger punch! I brewed this in my 16oz tumbler left the tea bag in and it was great! Loved the different berry flavours of raspberry and sweet blackberries. I do see that some other steepsters have been particularly harsh when rating this tea but I also noticed that a lot of the reviews are well over 4 years ago so maybe Celestial made some changes because this was really good.

Flavors: Blackberry, Hibiscus, Raspberry

This is quite drinkeable iced with sugar. But remember, it don’t mean a thing, if it ain’t got that zing. And there is little zing here. Still it’s good. I did notice a bit of that cherry cough syrup smell that someone else noticed. And the back of my throat may be feeling it.

Two bags and 200 mL for 3 min then iced.

Having previously rated this a 14/100 due to how ridiculously sour and acidic it is, I’m going to bump my rating slightly. I was in the mood for something fruity and with no caffeine today and thought I would start to use up this box gifted to me by someone who was going to throw it out.

1 tsp agave, 1 teabag coldbrewed in 500 mL cold water for 10-15 minutes. The sweetener isn’t too much. It takes the edge off, but it isn’t anywhere close to juice or generic sweetened iced tea. I can’t drink this straight, but I also don’t enjoy super sweet drinks. As a lightly sweetened coldbrew, this isn’t as bad. It allows me to taste the tisane without being overwhelmed by the horrors of hibiscus and citric acid. There is a definite berry flavour (raspberry, blackberry, boysenberry), hibiscus, cherry/fruit punch, lemon. Mostly berries and hibiscus, though.

I still maintain this is waaay to sour and would be more enjoyable if it wasn’t attempting to burn my esophagus with it’s caustic acid. Definitely opt for a short steep. Best had with light sweetener and lots of ice.

Flavors: Berries, Berry, Blackberry, Cherry, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Hibiscus, Lemon, Raspberry, Sour, Tart

Iced 8 min or more

I was surprised by how tolerable this tea was. I expect it will be even better cold brewed in the summer, perhaps added to lemonade. My experience with the hot brewed version was a nicely tart raspberry heavy herbal tea which needed very little sugar. I can understand how the acidic berry flavors are off-putting to many steepsters, but I was pleasantly amused by it.

Flavors: Raspberry

Pleasantly fruity and slightly tart.

Flavors: Berry, Fruity

200 °F / 93 °C 6 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

Tea 4/5 in the sample pack I got off of amazon. I cold brewed this tea: 4 tea bags in 2L of cold water in the fridge overnight. Steeped for about 10 hours.

The taste is mildly tart with a mixed berry flavour. It’s quite good! If I had to change anything maybe a bit shorter steeping time to cut the tartness down a tad. Otherwise a great tea. I still like the Blueberry and Black cherry teas the best since I can point to the taste of those fruits in the iced tea. This one there is a “berry” flavour, but I just wish I could point out exactly what it is :P.

Flavors: Berry, Tart

Iced 8 min or more 66 OZ / 1951 ML
Kirkoneill1988

i don’t remember trying this tea :/

Kristal

It’s pretty good- Blueberry and Black Cherry are my favourite though

Kirkoneill1988

maybe i will try it someday

This smells only of cherry to me. The color of the liquid is a very dark and opaque berry red. Maybe something like a black raspberry. The flavor is tart and all cherries.

Flavors: Cherry, Tart