Madagascar Vanilla Red

Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Flavour
Cherry, Vanilla, Rooibos, Almond, Marzipan, Mineral, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by AmberShrugged

From Celestial Seasonings

“Native only to the mountainous Cederberg region of South Africa, Rooibos (or red tea) is naturally sweet and has a slightly nutty flavor with hints of cherry and toffee. In Madagascar Vanilla Red, pure Rooibos is perfectly complemented by the rich flavor of sweet, creamy vanilla — resulting in a sublime and satisfying tea experience.”

All Natural:
This product contains all-natural ingredients and flavors, and no artificial colors or flavors.
Ingredients:
Rooibos, natural French vanilla flavor and vanilla bean.
Caffeine Status:
Naturally Caffeine Free
Gluten Status:
Gluten Free

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I like it. The vanilla comes across a bit strong and drowns out the rooibos a little, but the key word there is ‘little’, with some other vanilla rooibos tisanes I might as well have drunk vanilla extract and had done with it. It definitely one for when I fancy something sweet, and I’d definitely reach for it over the spendy teapigs rooibos blends.

rabbysmom

I like this one a lot too!

I like this for a bedtime tea every once in a while, when I want something stronger than herbal but don’t want to keep myself awake with a black tea. I’d agree that the vanilla is strong – maybe too strong, even – but you can still taste the rooibos under it, and the overall taste/smell is wonderful. It’s also great as a dessert tea with a bit of milk and sugar.

I love the vanilla flavor. I drink this to eat less cake.

Very good! Two cups in a row tonight… refreshing, relaxing and tastes nice. Will buy again and would like to try their other rooibos blends. Publix is bogo free thru 12/15 so I’ll have to go back and take advantage of a great sale :)

I’ve never met a rooibos that I didn’t like. Rooibos paired with vanilla in this one is just delicious, it has a sweet creamy taste that I can totally see replacing desserts :D

Still liking this tea. Nice and mellow, and the vanilla isn’t too strong. I don’t like a lot of Celestial Seasonings teas, but this one is a good one.

My favorite fake-me-out-when-I-need-some-caffeinated-tea-but-want-to-sleep-tonight tea. Also good for mornings when I have time to throw a bag in my cup & run to a meeting. Like this morning. So lovely.

Mush nicer than I thought it would be. Big Vanilla taste.

Flavors: Cherry, Vanilla

I was down to one “normal” herbal (i.e. ones that aren’t used for lattes, iced teas, sickness, etc) so I ran to safeway to pick up some different varieties. You know, it’s interesting: I helped out at the homeless shelter today for the first time and people were kind, appreciative and jovial. I went to a couple of stores (LCBO, shoppers, etc) and people were angsty. Really makes you think, eh?

Anyways, onto this tea: this is your standard vanilla rooibos, which to me means not enough flavouring and tastes more like rooibos than anything. I’ll use it up well enough but will not repurchase since it does not “wow” me.

Flavors: Rooibos

200 °F / 93 °C

This is an ok rooibos, sort of like a plainer version of Jeoffery’s African Celebration. There are definitely undertones of marzipan and vanilla, but not strong clean vanilla like vanilla extract. There is a kind of silty metal/mineral flavour? It is fairly common in rooibos and isn’t bad at all. The rooibos base is mediocre.

Flavors: Almond, Marzipan, Mineral, Nuts, Rooibos, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 14 OZ / 400 ML
greenteafairy

I used to love this one before I really got into tea and realized how much more was out there beyond your usual grocery store suspects : D