2016 Zodiac Monkey Ripe Pu'er Tea

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From Chen Sheng Hao Tea

As one of the early creators of Pu’er Zodiac commemorative tea, Chen Sheng has been making commemorative cakes for the Chinese zodiac since 2008 (year of the rat). Additionally, he has been making the

combination of raw and ripe for the Chinese zodiac since 2012 (year of the dragon). They have been given the commemorative significance and extremely high collection value, and the status of mutual achievement of quality and brand has been widely recognized by tea lovers. Don’t miss it if you are born in the year of monkey.

About Chen Sheng Hao Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Gongfu!

Just finished up this session. Needed a mental break from looking at excel for several hours, so I decided to brew up a shou since those are usually very relaxing for me. The dry leaf of this one smells so dark and earthy; very forest undergrowth vibes in a good way. It started off very petrichor and oat straw heavy in taste, but after a few steeps it’s picked up this really interesting and unique bright and tangy red fruit note that can’t help but make me think of Fruit Punch – with those same yummy wet potting soil undertones. It’s been very enjoyable, but the presence of such a distinct fruit note is making my brain do cartwheels. I think I need another session to digest all the flavours I’m getting!!

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CK4uINNgyic/

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g2HtLnnRsU&ab_channel=DaRen-Topic

Lexie Aleah

Also working on Excel right now for a class.