Imperial Green

Green Tea
Freshly Cut Grass, Nutty, Toasted
Edit tea info Last updated by mc0426

• “Excellent great tea. Beautiful toasted nut and fresh grass aroma. This was the tea I used as my introduction to gong fu style brewing and is still my favourite green tea as well as one of my top 5...” Read full tasting note
  • “Beautiful astringency with fresh grassy notes and nutty, toasted finish. If brewed with colloer water it really brings out the umami and freshness of the leaf. A beautiful example of Long Jing.” Read full tasting note

From chinalife

This is China s most famous green tea, absolutely revered for it’s rich yet refreshing flavour and the fragrance of lush spring grass. Authentic Long Jing tea (otherwise known as Dragonwell) must be grown in Zhejiang province near the West Lake of Hangzhou. If it is grown anywhere else then it is considered a fake (much like champagne). Within the beautiful mist enshrouded mountains of Hangzhou there are many tea plantations but the most revered of all is the Lion Peak plantation which has the perfect microclimate for Long Jing tea. An old emperor of China proclaimed 18 Long Jing tea bushes in Lion Peak to be the Imperial tea and to this day tea is harvested from them (at an incredible price of £14,000 per 100g!). Our Long Jing tea is also grown in Lion Peak and is simply the best of all the Long Jing varieties. It is formerly the exclusive tea for Chinese Emperors and has more than a thousand years of recorded history . So popular that even Queen Elizabeth II, former US President Richard Nixon, and Henry Kissinger once tasted this tea during their visits to China.

About chinalife View company

Excellent great tea. Beautiful toasted nut and fresh grass aroma. This was the tea I used as my introduction to gong fu style brewing and is still my favourite green tea as well as one of my top 5 teas in general. I brew it at a low temperature.

Flavors: Freshly Cut Grass, Nutty, Toasted