Spring 2014 Bulang Shan Blend Sheng / Raw

Rating

79 / 100

Calculated from 1 Rating
Pu-erh Tea
Do you recommend this tea?
Recommend to Facebook friends
Save to your wishlist
Add to your cupboard
Edit tea info

1 Tasting Note View all

“Finally home to drink this sample which was graciously sent to me a couple months ago by mrmopar. I’m pretty sure this is the right tea. My first tea from CLT, and the second session in my new...” Read full tasting note

Description

Bulang Shan Blend
‘Pin Pei’ ( 布朗山 ‘拼配’ )
In the Spring of 2014 my wife and I spent 3 months in Yunnan, China; the home of puerh tea. We walked the Ancient Tea Horse Road, we explored the tea markets, and we visited 6 unique tea mountains. In each of these mountains live traditional minority tea farmers whose families have worked the land cultivating puerh tea for countless generations. This tea was entirely hand picked and hand processed. This tea reflects both the unique regional terroir, and the individual skill of the farmer who is responsible for turning raw leaf into puerh tea.

Bulang Shan ( pronounced ‘boo long shah-n’ ) is deep in the jungles of Xishuangbanna. It is merely a stone’s throw from both Burma and Laos. The farmers who live in this region are primarily of the Bulang and Dai minority. The tea from this region is prized all over the world. The farmers in some villages like Lao Man’E and Lao Ban Zhang, in the current puerh market, can quite literally name their price and will find eager buyers snapping it up.

This cake is a blend from a few different farms in the area of Bulang Township and Xin Man’E. The farmer that we work with collects material from other farmers and friends in the area. They process these together in the evening.

About Crimson Lotus Tea