2018 Spring Honeymoon Sheng Pu'erh

Bulk
Edit tea info Last updated by hawkband1
195 °F / 90 °C 3 g 3 oz / 100 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I got the sample 2018 package from Crimson Lotus because I was missing some Pu-erh in my cabinet. I wanted to try some samples and just get one good cake of something I love. This one was very...” Read full tasting note

From Crimson Lotus Tea

This tea is just pure happiness. You’re sitting on a beach in the warm sun without a care in the world. You have a maitai in your hand and nowhere to be. You close your eyes and find that you’re actually at home drinking this tea. This tea is very relaxing. It has a lot of body, relaxing energy, minor fruity and floral notes with just enough bitterness and astringency to keep it interesting. This tea is soft and smooth and very easy to drink and lose yourself.

This tea was a cooperative project with Cody of ‘The Oolong Drunk’ and Stephanie (stephanieosborne.com). Cody approached us with an idea for a blend and wrapper and we worked to source the material and make it happen. Stephanie did the design work. This blend is a custom piece of work that took us quite a while to nail down this year. It is a Manzhuan based blend and features all first Spring picking old tree material. We are very happy with how it turned out and hope you are too!

Elevation: 1300m +
Stone Compressed
200g Cake

About Crimson Lotus Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

This one was very good. I keep the leaf amount and water down. 3g and 100 ml water approximately with 90C water. That might be too weak for most Pu-erh drinkers but I find I like them a bit weak. They keep getting strong in the early infusions anyway.

This one was so smooth. Hardly any bitterness and strong honey & creamy taste in the early infusions. I also picked up some faint fruity notes. The creamy taste disappeared by steep 6 and it was just honey and smooth. I could have easily gone beyond the 9 infusions I did because this tea has practically no caffeine. They were not kidding when they say this tea is so relaxing! Once I hit that many infusions of most Pu-erh , I’ve gone over my caffeine quota for the day.

All in all this is definitely a good Pu-erh for me but (drumroll) what is the price? $94.99 for a 200g cake. I’ve never spent that much on a tea EVER and I’ve gotten some really good teas. That’s probably US funds too so converted to Cdn at 1.3 would be $123.49. Add on shipping and the cost would rise more. No, definitely won’t be buying a cake of this tea. Too bad. It’s such a good one.

Flavors: Creamy, Fruity, Honey, Smooth