Birthday Cake

Black Tea, Natural Caramel Flavor, Natural Creme Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Organic Marshmallow Root, Sugar Sprinkles
Edit tea info Last updated by ashmanra

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Nichole sent me Birthday Cake in my last order, and she didn’t even know that my birthday is next month! Naturally, I decided to save this to open on my birthday. Naturally, I didn’t. It started...” Read full tasting note

From Cuppa Geek

My birthday is upcoming and I thought it would be lovely to blend up a tea that reminded me of the classic vanilla sprinkled birthday cake my mom lovingly made for me each year.

This is a delicious blend of black tea, sugar sprinkles, organic marshmallow root, natural cream flavoring and natural vanilla flavoring. The perfect tea to accompany and celebrate any day!

About Cuppa Geek View company

1 Tasting Note

Naturally, I didn’t.

It started innocently enough. I would just SMELL it. That’s all.

I opened the pouch and sniffed and it smelled exactly like Birthday Cake Oreos! Or….like birthday cake but we always do chocolate or lemon cakes so I didn’t associate it with cake first!

The next step in this parade was that “it wouldn’t hurt to try just one cup.” After all, it resteeps twice more so I could have a lot of tea with just one teaspoon gone and still have plenty for my birthday.

It does not taste quite the same as it smells. It tastes better, way better, because I don’t like overly sweet bakery cake and cupcakes with towers of icing. The reason it is better? The base here is the same very “adult” black tea that I loved in Vanilla Black and Peach Vanilla. It is a sophisticated tasting black base. It is forward enough to keep this from tasting like a syrupy sweet children’s tea party tea. The base has the raspy unsweetened cocoa “feel” that I enjoy.

The aroma of the steeped tea is largely caramel to me! It smells really good! So good that I asked Ashman if he would sniff it. You know where that went, right? Another teaspoon bites the dust. The vanilla and cream are there for sure, but the caramel got its hooks in us.

Giving up entirely on the notion of saving this for my birthday, I made a huge pot of it for breakfast the next morning. I guess I am going to have to order a new pouch.

Thank you, Nichole! We loved it!

White Antlers

What’s that old saying? The road to Hell is paved with good intentions…LOL!

AJRimmer

I was debating whether to order this one, and it looks like I need to!

oooooh…..

ashmanra

Ah yes, that road well travelled!

I had it again today for tea time with the last three pieces of Quality Street chocolates left from christmas. It will be a miracle if any is left by my birthday.

White Antlers

Life goes by so very fast; I say seize the tea! : )

DrowningMySorrows

I was debating whether to add a sample of Birthday Cake to an order of goodies for my mother and I think you just convinced me to. She’s usually not big on things that are supposed to be cake or cookie flavored but she loves caramel.

ashmanra

DrowningMySorrows: I hope she likes it! Once steeped, it really is mostly caramel to me! Nice and rich and dark. I am not a fan of grocery store birthday cakes and cupcakes. This does not taste like those! Let us know what she says about it! I just ordered more along with the March partTea package!