Black Chai Blend
Black Tea, Cardamom, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Cocoa Nibs, Ginger Root, Natural Almond Flavor, Natural Caramel Flavor, Natural Chocolate Flavor, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle

1 Tasting Note View all

• “328/365 Almost there with the Game of Tea fandom sampler – I’m pretty sure there’s just one more left to try after this one. This one’s a blend of Masala Chai, Almond, Tiger Eye, and Coconut....” Read full tasting note

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Aun-Juli Riddle

A sweet and fiery blend with a little something extra.

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Aun-Juli Riddle View company

1 Tasting Note

328/365

Almost there with the Game of Tea fandom sampler – I’m pretty sure there’s just one more left to try after this one. This one’s a blend of Masala Chai, Almond, Tiger Eye, and Coconut. Initially, I thought it tasted a little bitter – there’s quite a lot of spice, which makes it taste pretty dry. It’s not especially fiery, but there is a pleasant background warmth. I can enjoy that in a chai. The almond is also quite prominent, although I think it might be contributing to the bitterness. This isn’t a marzipan-esque almond flavour, but more like one of those odd rare almonds that makes your lips go numb.

I can’t taste any coconut at all, although that’s not much of a surprise given all the other flavours it’s competing with. There’s not really much caramel from the Tiger Eye, either. I found this pretty average, on the whole. It mostly tastes like a regular chai, but with a little extra nuttiness and a whole lot of bitterness. There are definitely better chai blends out there, although I do appreciate this one for the fandom connection. I just wish it was more…well, dragonish!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Cameron B.

I’m currently working through their Wicked Teas sampler, and then I have Tales & Tea Leaves after that. Gotta love samplers, they’re so charming even if the tea is just “meh” most of the time! ;)