Black Tea, Blackberry Leaves, Blue Cornflowers, Natural Bergamot Oil, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Orange Peels
Bergamot, Blueberry, Blackberry, Creamy, Jam, Pastries, Vanilla, Berries, Earl Grey, Cotton Candy, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by SubtleFire

• “Ok, so everyone has been posting this one lately and it reminded me I was due for a cup. I think I still have about 2 oz of this left in my pretty, keep me forever TARDIS tin! But I bought this...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s been a busy day! First, I actually left my house at 8:30 in the morning to meet with the new principal of the Visual & Performing Arts (VPA) middle school in St. Louis’ Magnet school...” Read full tasting note
  • “Does anyone remember the TV Mini Series The 10th Kingdom? I remember first watching the DVD set when I was like 12, maybe? I decided yesterday that in between job hunting I’m going to rewatch the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Yet another fan-based tea blend, this time it’s Dr. Who! I just started watching Dr. Who and now I can’t stop! I love the smell of this tea. It is straight up berries. I know there is some earl...” Read full tasting note

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee

Tastes bigger inside the cup [Ethereal earl grey and enchanting black berry with notes of vanilla]

Inspired by BBC’s Doctor Who, which I am in no way affiliated with. This is created purely for my own enjoyment.

Ingredients: Adagio’s earl grey bravo, blackberry, vanilla. Blended with black tea, orange peels, natural bergamot flavor, blue cornflowers, natural blackberry flavor, natural vanilla flavor, blackberry leaves.

created by: Cara McGee

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Cara McGee View company

Everyone says that this tastes like blueberries, I’d like to respectfully disagree! This is definately blackberries! Or at least it strongly reminds me of a blackberry candle I once had. I used to burn that candle along with a vanilla candle all the time, and THIS is what that combination yielded! Well, plus a helping of sweet earl grey, but that doesn’t detract from that wonderful scent memory at all!

The cup is definitely sweet. I can understand the confusion with black/blue berries. I just associate blackberry scent with that candle, and blueberries with baked blueberries. Rarely do you get faced with a ‘fresh’ black/blue berry smell. And let’s face it, when you bake blackberries, the results are far from pretty, I assure you.

I was a little alarmed when I was watching Cara’s video and how she brews this one, but yes, you DEFINITELY do not need to follow her way of brewing tea for a flavorful cup!

Sometimes I feel a little silly buying the full sized pouch of blends before I try them, but I don’t regret this one! Well, I don’t know how on earth I’m going to finish off this 4oz baggie, but it’ll probably disappear faster than I know it! I’m definitely getting the tin next time! I have a few other Dr. Who blends to try yet. I just need someone to come do a DW marathon with me, just cause.

Flavors: Berries, Vanilla

So good

Flavors: Blackberry, Earl Grey, Vanilla

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Taken with milk.

I went in skeptical, but I’m pleasantly surprised by this tea. The base and flavours aren’t fancy or deep, but that doesn’t stop it from being a lot of fun. Blue raspberries, cotton candy, blackberry danishes, and bubblegum ice cream are all good things in my book. So are blackberries. I could drink so much of this tea, all the time..

It tastes like the colour blue.

Flavors: Blackberry, Cotton Candy, Cream, Vanilla

Cavocorax

Haha. I am nearly finished my 6 oz tin of this! :O So I’m ready to back away for a little, but it is good, especially for an Adagio tea.

CrowKettle

A 6oz tin! Fair enough. That’s a lot of one thing, even if you like it.

I think I’ll eventually pick up more of this one when I drink up the rest of my samples (or when season 8 starts). I wish they had an amount between “sample” and “4oz pouches” though.

Cavocorax

Yeah, I hear you! At least you get the extra oz, but.. yeah… it’s so much! I was very generous with mine but I’ll be happy to finish that one. It’s my oldest tea at 14 months old! :O (Y’know what? I’m going to finish it RIGHT NOW!)

Another Adagio sample from Cavocorax!

This one I’ve been wanting to try for awhile.

I enjoyed it more than the Jane Austen Mafia one which has similar ingredients, but this one had the bergamot, so it’s more of a flavored earl grey. I do love earl greys.

Problem is, it’s still the same mediocre black tea base, and they went way too light on the bergamot for my tastes. I REALLY love earl greys.

Overall it’s just a very lightly flavored earl grey tea. Honestly I would expect a Tardis tea to pack more of a punch! I am clearly in the minority though. But I can’t help wondering if half of the love is more for the Doctor Who association than for the actual tea. Maybe it’s just my newfound pickiness in regards to flavored teas…..getting pregnant changed how I feel about most of my old favorites too! And post-baby I have all new preferences. Or perhaps that’s just my tastebuds changing and adapting naturally on their own.

I have enough to try more, so I may add extra leaf to see if that helps up the flavor at all.

After a couple more Adagio samples from the lovely Cavo, I will be done this taste testing experiment of mine! I think I’m coming out on the right side of it too, because my conclusion is one of total “meh-ness”, which makes my wallet very happy considering I already have TTC, Butiki and Teavivre orders on my future wishlist!

Thanks again, Cavocorax. You’ve saved my bank account!!

I finally got around to placing my first Adagio order late last week. It’s getting close to my birthday and my fiance just got a third (!!!!) fish tank, so I figured some tea was in order. If my apartment is going to be slowly taken over by aquariums the least I can do is compensate by ordering lots of tea. Really, I see no other solution.

I got a sample tin of this tea because I love Earl Greys and Earl Grey + fruit just seemed like a winning combination. I steeped this at work (so, I have no idea how much tea was used, how hot the water was, or an approximate steep time .. oops) and added a bit of sugar. It’s not bad, maybe not my favorite Earl Grey, but I love how smooth it is — no need to add milk! The fruit flavor is vague but there, and makes this tea just a little more special. Probably not something I’ll reorder, but I’m really glad I tried it.

Fandom Tea Day – Tea #2

The Doctor: You didn’t always take me where I wanted to go.
Idris (The TARDIS): No, but I always took you where you needed to go.

I feel like that quote sums up my feelings about this tea. This tea contains my arch-enemy, bergamot, so I immediately wanted to run the other way. BUT it’s a fandom blend AND it was sent to me by the lovely Roswell Strange SO I felt the need to try it.

I’m glad I did. I might not sip it that often, but the bergamot is fairly mild, and slighty tolerable, and the blackberry and vanilla come through nicely, so I might imbibe from time to time.

Because I do, so very much, love the TARDIS.

mj

I love the TARDIS too…but maybe not enough to drink blergamot

Cavocorax

Glad to hear the bergamot was tolerable! It’s a nice cup!

TTB&C #6

Adagio and I tend not to get along. I am not sure why. Most teas I have tried are either meh or teas I just really do not want to drink again. I have had more success with the fandom blends and this is one that I have read a lot about that I really wanted to try. This was decent. It was a decent earl grey. I am not sure what to say about it. The flavors baffled me a bit this morning. It was EGC -ish, but there was a hint of something else that I could never put my figure on. If someone gave me more of this tea I would definitely enjoy it. I am not sure I would hunt this out to purchase, but I definitely won’t pass up another cup.

I’m enjoying a pot of Tardis while I watch the Doctor Who marathon on BBCA. The new season of DW starts in a couple days and I’m in my all-Doctor Who-all the time mode. Tomorrow I’m having lunch at the Blue Box Cafe (a local DW themed restaurant).

This tea is quite tasty. A nice fruity black. A little bergamot which makes it a bit Earl Grayish.

I took a sniff and fell in love, then had to wait five minutes to see if it loved me back.

But seriously, this tea is comfort in a mug. The earl grey is familiar and comforting with its bergamot and black tea flavors. The blackberry and vanilla flavors add some excitement to what would otherwise be the typical earl grey, and they blend in wonderfully while toning down the bergamot.

I don’t like Dr. Who but I was able to try this fandom blend. I wasn’t impressed. It tasted like Earl Grey that was watered down with berries. There was nothing exceptional about it and I felt like the flavors stacked on top of each other rather than truly blending together to form a complete profile.