Black Chai Blend
Cardamom, Ceylon Black Tea, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Ginger Root, Lapsang Souchong, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor
Cardamon, Smoke, Tea
High
Edit tea info Last updated by ThainofBuckland
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

From Custom-Adagio Teas, Laur Marriott

Steep 1 tsp at 212 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.

About Custom-Adagio Teas, Laur Marriott View company

1 Tasting Note

Monthly TTB Club

ThainofBuckland sent me a box with several “Dr. Who” themed Adagio Custom Blends. I decided to try this one first because I have been craving a good chai (I sadly drank everything in my cupboard), and I have yet to try any smoky teas, so it would be an interesting experience. I was a little wary after opening the bag since it smelled strongly of smoke, cardamom, and something sweet which turned out to be vanilla. The brewed tea smelled very similar. The first sip was lighter than I was expecting. This tea actually makes me think of the Tardis traveling trough the vortex trailing smoke. It’s a very unique experience. Happily, the cardamom, which I tend not to be a huge fan of blends in nicely with the smokiness. I think in the end, though, this is just to smokey for my tastes. I’ll probably try blending it with a couple things before I make up my mind for sure, but I don’t think Lapsang Souchong is really for me.

Flavors: Cardamon, Smoke, Tea