Noël à Saint-Pétersbourg

Black Fruit Blend
Apple Pieces, Black Tea, Flavor, Flower Petals
Pear, Plum, Sweet, Apple, Astringent, Cherry, Floral, Fruity, Peach, Rose, Spices, Tannic, Wood, Apple Skins, Green Apple, Jam, Smooth, Earth, Almond, Marzipan
Bulk, Loose Leaf
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Dammann Freres

A festive blend combining black teas with a delicious bouquet of fruits bringing together apple, pear, mirabelle plum and peach.

Dominant note : Orchard fruits
Type(s) of tea : Black Tea
Main flavor : Apple
Complementary flavor(s) : Pear, Mirabelle plum, Peach, Hazelnut, Chestnut

About Dammann Freres View company

What a lovely tea !
It has some ingredients I rarely have in tea : plums (particularly mirabelles) and pear.
In addition apple and peach are present as well.
To be honnest apple and pear are really behind and the main taste to me is clearly mirabelle, for the best as I love mirabelles ! But the other fruits give a special note to this blend even if they are nor really detectable one by one.
The impression is an automnal blend, it makes me think to a setting sun.
Very well blended. Not sure it would be the aromas I would have chosen for St Petersburg but this is really well done.
Another Dammann Frères I really enjoyed.

Now remain 3 teas from my last order to taste including 2 chaï, I feel lazy today to prepare a chaï so maybe next week end !

Day 20!

This one dry smells of apples. The brewed tea tastes like apples and rose petals. There is a bit of plum. I am finding it has abit of a waxy flavour but I think it is from the rose petals. As it cools there is maybe a bit of pear in there.

This one is ok. But I definitely prefer Marie Antoinette for an apple/rose tea.

Advent Calendar, Day 20 (EEP: I had this on yesterday accidentally! Sorry to spoil the surprise). Getting close to the end now – I can’t even believe it’s Christmas next Wednesday.

When I first smelled this I got red fruit/berries, specifically strawberry, and even kind of a caramelly scent. Reading the description turned the berry note into apple+peach. Don’t know where I got caramel unless it was the pear (I think it can sometimes have a sugary sweet scent like that).

Steeped at the below parameters, with no additives.

Apple and plum both have that astringence with their skin that I am wary of in tea form. I like eating them both but I’ve had apple teas before and they tend to carry that astringence over. This is the case here – between the plum and the apple it is very astringent and tart, albeit fruity. This is only the second of the Dammann teas I’ve tried so far (the other being their Earl Grey) that I think would benefit from some sugar.

I was so close to the end of the cup before determining this that I didn’t bother with the sugar – and as it was only the one teabag, I doubt I will order it again to try this out. So far I still think that Noël a Venise is my favorite Christmas tea of theirs.

Definitely apples and a little pear.
Goes nicely with ALL the christmas cookies I ate for breakfast. Haha

Dammann advent calendar, day 20. Yay more “Noël” teas! Makes sense that this is the perfect way to try all of those.

Very fruity! Honestly yesterday morning I couldn’t focus too hard on it, but it certianly came across as a well-blended, fruity tea with no one flavor taking over the others, and all working together to make a tasty cup. I would bet this would make a really tasty iced tea too (funny for a Christmas tea), and I certainly wouldn’t turn down another cup of it.

Dammann Frères Advent Day 3 (3-February 2021)

This is a lovely cuppa! The apple is clearly there, yet not overpowering. I feel like apple is often in herbals and I’m unsure if I’ve ever had it in a black tea. I really enjoy how the base and apple here mellow each other out. The sweetness of the apple adds to this cup in a great way. I’m not sure if I get a lot of the other flavours, but I’m enjoying this tea as it is!

This tea has a little floral in the scent, but it doesn’t translate into the flavour for me. The floral scent makes me think of DF’s Noël en Provence.

Lex is really enjoying this one too. I would consider ordering this one!

190 °F / 87 °C 4 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML

2020 Advent Calendar, Day 3 This is another tea I picked up on my last trip to Paris. It sounded so good with its apples, pears, and mirabelle plums. And it promised some hazelnuts and chestnuts too. But I have been a little back and forth with this one. It is definitely very good, but it’s now “WOW” for me. I love the pears and mirabelles (which I miss so much), but I don’t get much chestnuts, hazelnuts or peach. It’s a little muted maybe? Especially compared to Noel a Venise which is very extroverted (can a tea be extroverted???). And that might be due to the nature of pears and plums, versus lemons. Ultimately, I didn’t end up rebuying it the last time I ordered because there were so many others I wanted to try out. But the calendar prompted me to give it another chance and it was better than I remembered. It’s all about those mirabelles…

Flavors: Pear, Plum, Sweet

Cameron B.

I like “extroverted”. Tea can have personalities too! But I get what you mean, this one is definitely more subtle in comparison.

ashmanra

Tea can be extroverted to me! I think Harney’s Cranberry Autumn is very extroverted, while Boston, which is also a cranberry tea, is very introverted!

EmmaM

Glad to know I’m not the only one to think they have a personality, lol.

Advent 3.

Opening the packet, a very strong aroma of apple juice and cherry actually perfumed my room. The brewed aroma is amazing. Some things that come to mind are floral apple-cherry juice, maybe cherry plums, spiced plum cider, peach, very fruity with a deep sweetness.

Some fruitiness on the sip. The tea itself is light, with black tea woodiness and moderate tannic astringency. A very light rose note. Not a whole lot of the aroma comes through in the taste but it does present a bit in a retronasal aftertaste in a very floral way but never overbearing. I’d say sugar plum is actually the dominant note in that aftertaste. Nothing tastes artificial :) Decent second steep.

If this could taste half as good as it smells, I’d be in heaven.

Flavors: Apple, Astringent, Cherry, Floral, Fruity, Peach, Plum, Rose, Spices, Tannic, Wood

gmathis

Oh, my stars and garters, that sounds good!

Another tea from my Dammann advent order. This is one of the few Noël teas that I haven’t tried yet, and the flavor combination sounded lovely, so in the cart it went! It’s listed as an apple, peach, pear, and mirabelle plum black tea with hazelnut and chestnut. I’ve never had a mirabelle plum before, except as preserves, but I love all plums and stonefruit in general, so this seems right up my alley! The smell is very sweet mixed stonefruits, and I would almost guess there was vanilla as well.

This steeped up very light in flavor, which I think is well-suited to the mix of fruits here. The strongest notes are the apple, which is crisp and somewhat tart, and the juicy plum. The peach sort of melds into the plum, being quite similar, and I don’t think I’m tasting pear here at all. I also can’t pick out any nutty notes. The base tea is generic and unassuming, a good foil for the lovely fruit flavors. There’s a tad bit of tannic astringency, which sort of enforces the idea of apple and stonefruit skin on the tongue. And perhaps a hint of floral at the tail end of the sip from the rose petals?

Overall, I’m very happy with it, as the plum flavor is quite pronounced and not overshadowed by the peach. This would be a lovely choice as a light afternoon or early evening tea. I definitely don’t get any Christmas-y association from it, but I’ve also never been to St. Petersburg! ;)

Flavors: Apple, Apple Skins, Astringent, Floral, Green Apple, Jam, Peach, Plum, Rose, Smooth, Sweet, Tannic, Wood

Martin Bednář

It sounds bit overcombinated to me. Mirabelle plums are quite specific, bit more on sweet side and combined with “classic” plums don’t taste good for me. Peach and nuts sounds bit weird as well. But I could enjoy just plum and nuts, that could work in my opinion. The rose… can be interesting.

Note that I never been to St. Petersburg as well, though I could if I was bit more rich 4 years ago. I still I kind of hate myself for not saving more…

Cameron B.

It definitely does sound like a lot, though I didn’t taste any pear or nuts, so really it was mostly an apple & plum tea with some peach. The rose I could do without but I’m not a fan in general. :P

I’m not sure how common mirabelle plums are here in the United States, but I want to try them, they look so cute and cheerful!