Green Tea
Flavors, Flower Petals, Grapefruit Slices, Jasmine Green Tea, Peach, Sencha
Rose, Lychee, Nectar, Sweet, Flowers, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by Patricia

From Dammann Freres

With fresh, floral and fruity notes, this deli-cately flavoured blend is to be appreciated year-round, hot or chilled. Sencha tea from China, jasmine green tea and flower petals, lychee, grapefruit and rose flavours.

Subtil équilibre de notes fraîches, fleuries et fruitées pour ce mélange délicatement parfumé à apprécier tout au long de l’année, tant chaud que glacé : thé Sencha de Chine et thé vert au jasmin, pétales de fleurs, arômes litchi, pamplemousse et rose.

About Dammann Freres View company

If Bali smells like this, I need to go there (I need to go there, anyway, but still). This is what scented island-life travel ads would smell like – floral, fruity and with a dash of something boozy.

The florals, however, amount mostly to a distinct rose flavour in the cup, drowning out the fruit notes. Rose is not one of my favourite flavours, and DF’s take on it is far too perfumey for my tastes; it’s a very cosmetic rose.

I understand why this is a bestselling tea, and why so many people like it – it’s just another case of DF not being a good match for me.

[From my epic Instant-Thé order to Rome, October 2013.]

This tea was super smooth and lovely today. Fruity, floral and refreshing. I love this rose so for me it is not overwhelmingly floral, but I could see how it might be too floral for some. To me it was fruity and delicious.

It’s nearly identical to Fauchon’s Rose et Litchi, but unlike Fauchon I can order this one any time. But I have a 50g tin of it that hasn’t been hit very hard (not to mention 100g of Rose et Litchi), so I will be set on rose and lychee blends for a while!

Anna

This IS the same tea, though, right?

Dinosara

Well the Fauchon-branded tea is just rose and lychee, I think, whereas Bali also has jasmine and grapefruit. So they are indeed very slightly different.

Anna

Ooh, okay! I do get pretty confused by the Fauchon/DF/Hédiard lines crossing.

A sample from a friend and wow this is fruity and flowery – though I admittedly used a very generous dosage.

The green tea base is innocuous, nice enough, with some bitterness which I blame on not having been careful enough with temperature and time. The leaf I used was full of jasmine blossoms including the cutest whole blossom just starting to unfurl. So for me there is definetely a strong jasmine note, just behind the lychee, and the rose coming third to the jasmine.

I do not know quite what to think of this – it´s really intense, maybe too intense for my tastes though a nice enough blend to have now and then.

Ysaurella

would you say DF uses always the same green tea base for flavoured greens as well ? I didn’t have very much DF greens to have an idea

cteresa

This is probably my second DF green and can hardly recall the first. And this is hard to tell much about the base, it is such a busy blend. I did think it was one way to make sure I was not bored by the same base!

Advent Calendar Day Fifteen

Didn’t check the ingredients prior to brewing this; I was relatively rushed on my way out of the house this morning. However, at least I managed to find time to brew this for my commute rather than leaving it for the evening ‘cause I ended up working an unplanned shift at DAVIDsTEA so I wouldn’t have had time to drink it in the evening…

Anyway; it was obvious as soon as I started sipping at this one (and really even as the water first hit the tea leaf) that it was a lychee tea! Damn, that lychee comes through REALLY clearly! However, I also tasted a lot of citrus – I would have said either a semi bitter lemon OR grapefruit, but I suppose the correct note is grapefruit. As for the jasmine? Well, I thought the lychee was definitely a bit more floral than it usually tends to come off in blends, but I’m guessing part of what I was tasting was the jasmine just blending well with the natural floral notes of the fruit.

Didn’t taste any peach…

This was nice! I enjoyed that it was tropical, sweet, fruity and floral and had very strong flavour notes that were still able to retain an air of delicacy to them.

Feels like I’m drinking a bitter perfume or a pot-pourri infusion. You know, as in something artificial and inedible. I regret buying a 100g tin of this, it is taking me forever to finish it. It says on the website that it is made of Jasmine green tea and Sencha but I don’t get the grassy taste that I like from sencha. As if the sencha was too old and lost all its flavours and all we could taste was the added rose essential oil. Is rose essential oil even edible?

Here’s Hoping TTB

I haven’t had the opportunity to try very much from Dammann Freres, so I was excited to see one of their teas in this TTB. Unfortunately, this one didn’t do much for me. It came across as just a basic rose-flavored green tea, good but not very exciting. I wish I could have tasted more of the other flavors. Could just be the age of the sample, though!

Flavors: Rose

Here’s Hoping Traveling Teabox – Round #5 – Tea #32
So many interesting characteristics to this tea but maybe I should have used more than a teaspoon to let them shine. The flavor didn’t seem as distinct as it could have been. I see big petals of rose, which was the most noticeable flavor. Hints of lychee. Not really any jasmine or peach. So I love the idea of this tea, but the only flower noticeable is rose and the only fruit noticeable is lychee.
Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon for a full mug// 27 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // 25 minutes after boiling // 2 1/2 minute steep

Flavors: Lychee, Rose

From the Here’s Hoping TTB

I keep reading about Damman Freres teas, but this is my first. Now I see what the excitement is about.

From the name, I expected tropical fruit, but the dominant flavor is more spice than fruit. It does seem like there is a bit of fruit hiding under the spice. This is a very rich and complex tea. Very subtle, with different flavors coming to the fore at different times as I sip. Long finish. I can see what all the excitement is about.

Another samples from Equusfell
Okay, I shouldn’t have taken this samples because it has rose in it and that is a nasty taste in my mouth. However, this smells like an edible bath bomb so I decided I would give it a shot. This is actually a day trip to the spa in a cup. While I don’t like the taste completely, I am able to tell that this is a balanced blend that is smooth. Drinking this does make me calm because of the aroma :)
This cup makes me excited as I think about the oolongs I have from them that I have yet to try

Equusfell

Told you the French knew how to blend with florals!

Now that I have a kettle that heats water to specific temperatures, I thought I would revisit this one to see if all the fuss I made about it was true.
IT IS.
I still love it, though now with less bitterness! A touch of sugar still calls to me though, I think it mellows out the perfume aspect and bumps up the fruit, leading to a much more balanced and AMAZING brew! Once again, I have Dinosara to thank, she donated the last few cups of her stash of Bali to me! I absolutely cannot thank you enough!

Flavors: Flowers, Lychee, Nectar