The des Marquises

Fruit Green Blend
Floral, Fruity
Edit tea info Last updated by ~d~

• “This tea is…interesting. I’ve had it 3 or 4 times now and just can’t make up my mind what I think of it! The flavor is rather muddled: lots of floral and fruity notes with nothing...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a strange one—even by DF standards, there’s a lot going on in the description. And that’s really what drew me to it in the group order. And while quite a few of the crazy...” Read full tasting note

From Dammann Freres

Blackberry, blueberry, clementine and kola flavours are blended with Yunnan green tea, rose petals, citrus fruit peels and flowers from the tea bush itself, to deliver a flavourful and round infusion with long-lasting flavour.
Recommended brewing time : 3 to 4 minutes

About Dammann Freres View company

This tea is…interesting. I’ve had it 3 or 4 times now and just can’t make up my mind what I think of it! The flavor is rather muddled: lots of floral and fruity notes with nothing specific standing out. The base is smooth and unobtrusive. There’s no bitterness, astringency, or artificial flavor that I’m picking up on, so nothing to hate…but nothing to love either.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity

This is a strange one—even by DF standards, there’s a lot going on in the description. And that’s really what drew me to it in the group order. And while quite a few of the crazy complex DF blends I’ve tried so far have underdelivered, in that only maybe half of the flavor notes promised are detectable, this one really packs it all in. Unfortunately, the result is more faintly chemical muddle than delicious melange. I’m definitely getting the kola, which is a strange but not unwelcome note to encounter in a tea, and blackberry, and clementine, and a sort of candy blueberry, plus a powerful bouquet of florals.

I can’t really say whether these flavors play nicely together or not, though, since the blend is dominated by a strong bitter and chemical-tasting note. I steeped this for 3:30 at 195F, but I’m wondering if a shorter steep and/or a lower temperature may be in order. I’ll play around with this one a bit before giving up on it, but I’m thinking it may end up in my swap pile.