Black Tea, Flavor
Anise, Licorice, Smooth, Sweet
Bulk, Loose Leaf
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “This smells just like black jujubes! Which I’ve always loved! I can’t eat them anymore, but perhaps this tea can be the perfect replacement? Wow! This one is so interesting, in a good way. A...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea was unexpectedly delicious. I like licorice but was not sure about a licorice tea. Still we picked up a sample at the Dammann freres store and had to come back to get 100gr. before...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 9:00 PM Another one from Nîmes! “Réglisse” means licorice, as this is a licorice flavored tea. I happen to love licorice flavored things (though not necessarily plan black licorice by...” Read full tasting note
  • “A very pleasant, light liquorice tea. It’s recommended by Dammann Frères that it be allowed to steep for 6 minutes – the resulting liquor is still fairly light and the tannins remain mild. The...” Read full tasting note

From Dammann Freres

This blend of black teas flavored with licorice aroma offers a nice duality between sweetness and bitterness to deliver a smooth and savorous cup.

Dominant note : Gourmet notes
Type(s) of tea : Black Tea
Main flavour : Licorice

About Dammann Freres View company

Wow! This one is so interesting, in a good way. A sweetness hits you right at the start of the sip, then gives way to liquorice. The sweetness isn’t cloying at all. The liquorice almost ‘bites’ at the tongue. It is so reminiscent of liquorice and I love it!

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
Cameron B.

I haven’t had this one in a while, I’ll have to remember to steep up a pot of it later.

Courtney

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Cameron B.

I’m glad you like it! I remember it having a nice black licorice flavor.

Courtney

Me too! I’ve always just scrolled past it, so I’m happy Jessi asked to split because I may have missed out on a delicious tea!

This tea was unexpectedly delicious. I like licorice but was not sure about a licorice tea. Still we picked up a sample at the Dammann freres store and had to come back to get 100gr. before catching our plane the following week. It’s light and straight forward licorice, but it makes for a delicious afternoon tea. More desert like than the Licorice infusion by Yogi Tea.

Home – 9:00 PM

Another one from Nîmes! “Réglisse” means licorice, as this is a licorice flavored tea. I happen to love licorice flavored things (though not necessarily plan black licorice by itself). Good & Plenty candy, for example, and licorice allsorts. It’s not something I eat often, but I always enjoy it when I do. I blame my mother, lover of all things black licorice (also – Hot Tamales).

So this is sort of the equivalent of an after-dinner treat in tea form. The base tea is very light, and doesn’t contribute much besides a slight sense of malt. The licorice is the star here. It’s not so strong as to be medicinal. It has that classic sweet aftertaste which is characteristic of licorice, and a very slight tongue-numbing effect. I wasn’t expecting either, as I believe it’s made with licorice flavoring, not extract. But I suppose perhaps it’s a “natural” flavoring that came from a root at some point in its life.

All in all, it’s a nice, light dessert-y tea for those who enjoy anise and licorice. I’m not sure it’s one I’d feel a strong need to keep around, but it’s a pleasant niche tea to have in my cupboard for now.

Flavors: Anise, Licorice, Smooth, Sweet

A very pleasant, light liquorice tea. It’s recommended by Dammann Frères that it be allowed to steep for 6 minutes – the resulting liquor is still fairly light and the tannins remain mild. The black liquorice is present but not overbearing. A pleasant after dinner tea.

Flavors: Licorice