Black Tea, Flavor, Flower Petals
Almond, Marzipan, Pecan, Roast nuts, Brown Sugar, Caramel, Cookie, Nuts, Pastries, Roasted nuts, Hazelnut, Nutty, Sweet, Smooth
Bulk, Loose Leaf
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “I guess this would not be my favourite blend. I never had a pecan pie. I think it is because pecans are expensive here. When I took out the bag it was very sweet in aroma with roasted almonds. Not...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sadly, I have a few teas from that DF group order from a couple years ago that I never wrote tasting notes for. This is one of them and seems like the right time to write a note. The black tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “Dammann Freres Advent Tea Calendar I think this one was Day 22. Maybe. Anyway, I quite enjoyed it. It was mild and nutty and sweetish without being cloying or sickeningly sweet. Possibly my...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 7:00 PM The Great Cupboard Excavation Untasted teas remaining: 45 Ugh, it’s so good to be home. I stayed a bit late at work to finish submitting a fix for a software bug, and then I needed...” Read full tasting note

From Dammann Freres

For those who love warm, delicious notes, Pecan Pie is a new, generously flavoured take on the traditional American Thanksgiving dessert. Try our gourmet combination of tasty dried fruit and nuts: pecan, hazelnut, almond, pistachio and a touch of honey.

Dominant note : Gourmet notes
Type(s) of tea : Black Tea
Main flavour : Hazelnut
Complementary flavour(s) : Pecan nut, Almond, Pistachio, Honey

About Dammann Freres View company

Advent Calendar Day One

Hooray; it’s finally time to start drinking my advent calendar teas! This is the first year I’ve done a Tea related advent, and I’m super excited that this is the one I’m doing as I’ve admired this one specifically ever since I got into tea in the first place.

And this is a wonderful choice for the first tea as well because, when I placed the order for the advent as well as other teas, this was the one tea I didn’t order that I was REALLY back and forth on. So now I get to try it anyway! Can’t complain about that.

I really enjoyed this one a lot; but there was definitely something about it that missed the “Pecan Pie” mark for me. I did taste pecan notes, for sure, but more than anything else this one reminded me of almond/marzipan and pistachio. Actually, a whole lot of pistachio in particular. That really sweet nutty note was delicious but in my opinion is sort of lacked the almost “maple-y”/caramel sweetness that the filling of a Pecan Pie has or any of the bakery/confectionery notes you might see in a tea in order to replicate the flavour of the crust.

Though, this wasn’t completely devoid of nuance. While it didn’t do much to strengthen the idea of pecan pie in my mind I did feel like there were some more general warming spice undertones beneath all of the almond/pistachio sweetness. The kind of spice notes you get naturally from tea though, and not the sort that would result from added spices like cinnamon, etc. Still – it was a nice added layer of flavour.

As a “Pecan Pie” tea I think maybe this one is in need of a little bit of rebranding? I just don’t get that flavour drinking it – but as a nut melange sort of thing, I think it was really quite nice and smooth. I enjoyed the cup a lot! It was a really lovely way to start off the calendar…

Nattie

Gah, I’m so jealous! Next year. Next year I will get that calendar! I’m glad you mentioned that this tea misses the mark – I’m always looking for maple pecan teas to replace Butiki’s and now I can take this one off my list!

Roswell Strange

Glad I could help :)

I bought this tea a while ago, but I never wrote a review for it. It is the first tea in my Dammann advent calendar this year, though, so it seemed like a good time to do it.

This is pecan pie, but it’s really more a melange of nut pie. It smells a lot like almonds and hazelnut, and a bunch of other general nuttiness. I like this one better than the standard almond one because I think the other nuts give it depth. There is maybe a hint of custardy flavor, but it’s mostly all nuts all the time. Pretty tasty all in all.

Flavors: Almond, Hazelnut, Pecan

ashmanra

Welcome back!

Roswell Strange

Yay advent calendar buddies!

Dinosara

I can’t resist the advent calendar!