Maison de Famille

Oolong Tea
Citrus Essence Oil, Flavor, Oolong Tea, Orange Peel
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Advent day…something! I got a bit behind on drinking some of my advent teas. I was very happy to see an oolong, as I generally love them. But, this was another odd combination from DF. Another...” Read full tasting note
  • “#adventageddon Day Fourteen – 5/6 Not entirely sure that I understand the choice of picking a tea where the dominant flavour is orange as the follow up to a day where the tea’s dominant flavour was...” Read full tasting note
  • “There is no gentle way to put it: I really disliked this one. Nothing about it except the dry smell worked for me. The dry smell reminded me of a French brioche… delicious! The brewed version was...” Read full tasting note
  • “Dammann Freres Advent Calendar I don’t remember which day this was. My days have all smeared together and I can’t keep track. I had this one and my brother had Dune d’Epices since he likes green...” Read full tasting note

From Dammann Freres

A tea that creates an atmosphere, in which the fruity freshness of essential oil of clementine blends with the cereal notes of buckwheat and those of caramel and vanilla.

Dominant note : Gourmet notes
Type(s) of tea : Oolong tea
Main flavour : Caramel
Complementary flavour(s) : Vanilla, Buckwheat, Clementine

About Dammann Freres View company

Advent day…something! I got a bit behind on drinking some of my advent teas. I was very happy to see an oolong, as I generally love them. But, this was another odd combination from DF. Another citrus tea. The buckwheat was especially distinct tasting in this for me, which I didn’t entirely care for.

Shae

A buckwheat tea certainly sounds interesting!

#adventageddon Day Fourteen – 5/6

Not entirely sure that I understand the choice of picking a tea where the dominant flavour is orange as the follow up to a day where the tea’s dominant flavour was also orange. The orange flavour was really nice/tasty but it also felt identical to yesterday’s tea, minus the lack of ginger in this cup and with the addition of some mineral and toasted nut notes coming from the oolong base tea. I’m happy there’s been at least one oolong tea in this advent but I honestly think I’d have enjoyed it more if it wasn’t so close to yesterday’s equally orange tasting tea.

As it stands, I felt like I was drinking basically the same tea over again. Thankfully it was a nice tea…

There is no gentle way to put it: I really disliked this one. Nothing about it except the dry smell worked for me. The dry smell reminded me of a French brioche… delicious! The brewed version was just too bread-ish and I just could not drink it. Not even with sweetener. Definitely not my tea.

Dammann Freres Advent Calendar

I had this one and my brother had Dune d’Epices since he likes green tea. He found that one very refreshing. He said he would have been happy to have a tin of it.

My cup was quite pleasant. I liked the sweetish tang of citrus and didn’t detect any of the earthy grassy flavor that often accompanies oolong teas. There was another flavor that I didn’t care for as well, but I didn’t recognize it. After reading the description I think it must have been the buckwheat.That didn’t set as well with me., But overall, a pleasant cup.