Kiwi Fukuyu

Flavor, Flower Petals, Sencha
Fruity, Tropical, Vegetal
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

1 Tasting Note View all

• “A delightful surprise from Le Calendrier de l’Apres from Dammann Freres this year. This was Day 2. I tried to find a translation for “Coup de coeur” in English but it’s giving me “heart stroke”....” Read full tasting note

From Dammann Freres

The vegetal, naturally fruity flavour of Fukuyu sencha is enriched with the bright and slightly tangy notes of kiwi, providing a delightfully refreshing tea.

Dominant note : Exotic fruits
Type(s) of tea : Green tea
Main flavour : Kiwi

About Dammann Freres View company

1 Tasting Note

I tried to find a translation for “Coup de coeur” in English but it’s giving me “heart stroke”. Not at all the feeling this tea gives me!!! But in French it means “Wow, I love it!” —much more in line with where I was going! ;p

Dry, it smells heavenly: fruity and fresh. Delightful kiwi. It’s quite strong and direct.

Brewed, the kiwi is softer but still deliciously present, and the green tea is most definitely there. I brewed it at 185 F for 2 min and 15 seconds because I was afraid it might go all wrong for me (I’m not a green tea person) and I’m glad I did. The kiwi flavor danses very well with the green tea. It’s both vegetal and fruity, but the green tea does not overpower the kiwi. It’s more that they make each other better.

I think someone who loves green tea would still love this one because the fruit doesn’t drown the sencha either. It’s very balanced.

I love the brightness of the kiwi and it reminds me a little of what Lupicia would create (minus the oolong slant): clean, fruity, fabulous tea . So delicious, I did not want my cup to end!

I bet it would taste fabulous iced (if I knew how to do it and make it come out right)

Flavors: Fruity, Tropical, Vegetal

Cameron B.

This is one of the teas I most want to try from DF! :D

EmmaM

It came in my calendar or I would gladly share it! When I go to France, I think I will get some. Maybe I can send you some then?

Cameron B.

Oh you’re so sweet, don’t worry about me! I’m hoping there might be some interest in a Dammann Frères group order later in the year. ❤