Granola d'Hiver

Black Food Blend
Black Tea, Flavor, Goji Berries, Popped Rice
Maple Syrup, Nutty, Raisins, Sweet, Toasted Rice, Toasty
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “#adventageddon Day 10 – 2/5 Feeling under the weather today, so I’m thankful to see so many soothing mint teas and cozier genmaicha/toasted rice type profiles in today’s adventageddon...” Read full tasting note
  • “This morning I wrote my second exam out of 4. That means we are half way through my week from hell (4 exams in one week is not fun). This particular exam was a bit terrible since it was for Legal...” Read full tasting note
  • “Advent day 10! I found my thoughts to be generally the same as the first time I tried this. All the ingredients point in the direction of something I’d love, but the flavors are a bit too mellow...” Read full tasting note
  • “First year I get to enjoy Dammann Freres’s beautiful Advent Calendar (I was so excited I got one for everyone in the house!!!). Granola d’Hiver was Day 1. I love dessert teas or “thés gourmands”...” Read full tasting note

From Dammann Freres

Velvety, intense and deliciously fragrant, a tasty composition combining the fruity notes of grapes and pecans with those of buckwheat, sweetened by a hint of maple syrup.

Dominant note : Gourmet notes
Type(s) of tea : Black Tea
Main flavour : Grapes
Complementary flavour(s) : Pecan nut, Buckwheat, Maple syrup

About Dammann Freres View company

#adventageddon Day 10 – 2/5

Feeling under the weather today, so I’m thankful to see so many soothing mint teas and cozier genmaicha/toasted rice type profiles in today’s adventageddon selections!!

Started the day with Granola d’Hiver, which was soft and smooth with a toasty rice or popcorn type note and a little underlying sweetness mixed with a gentle, malty black base! I think I would normally want more punch to the flavor, but today I was thankful for something soft!

This morning I wrote my second exam out of 4. That means we are half way through my week from hell (4 exams in one week is not fun). This particular exam was a bit terrible since it was for Legal Ethics which are seemingly straightforward. Except the prof based the entire exam around one case we learned and half of the exam was about a youtube video no one in the class knew we had to watch. Thankfully we are all in the same boat so the curve will save us but that is a shitty way to be in an exam. Oh well, time to move on…

As for the tea, I quite like it. It is different than what I would usually reach for but it screams winter. I am getting a lot of black tea base that I don’t really love with fruitier flavors but it pairs nicely with the popcorn (that’s why I enjoy the Dammann popcorn tea). The combination of the two make for a breadiness and a nuttiness that does evoke granola a bit. The goji berries also gives it a touch of berry/sweet that adds another level on top of the popcorn and berries. It’s nice and definitely fitting for this chilly day.

tea-sipper

Well that doesn’t seem very fair with that youtube video. :/

VariaTEA

Yeah, the only mention of the video was a link in the syllabus…and then the exam. Us being able to answer that doesn’t reflect our knowledge of ethics so much as it does our ability to watch and remember YouTube

Martin Bednář

Yeah, I know similar. “It’s your fault that you don’t know what I expect.” Argh!

Advent day 10! I found my thoughts to be generally the same as the first time I tried this. All the ingredients point in the direction of something I’d love, but the flavors are a bit too mellow for my liking.

First year I get to enjoy Dammann Freres’s beautiful Advent Calendar (I was so excited I got one for everyone in the house!!!). Granola d’Hiver was Day 1. I love dessert teas or “thés gourmands” and this is a nice way to start. I like this tea. It’s sweet and soft. I can’t say that I love it, but I’m absolutely enjoying it!

I’m not very good at describing teas, but to me it tastes a bit like caramel popcorn with raisins. I get the sweetness of raisins and a little bit of nuttiness and maple syrup, a some toastiness (is that even an english word?). This tea is a little reminiscent of Nina’s Japon with its toasted rice and sweetness but Granola d’hiver is a little more fruity. It’s even more enjoyable as it cools.

I would not necessarily buy some next time I’m home in Paris because I like other dessert teas even more, but I’m so glad I tried it and I would be happy to sip a second cup if DD decides to pass hers on to me :p

Sorry for the duplicate note, I realized after I posted it that I had done it from my husband’s laptop under a different username. So I took it down and just now reposted it under my normal one so I don’t get confused :)

Flavors: Maple Syrup, Nutty, Raisins, Sweet, Toasted Rice, Toasty

Cameron B.

I thought about getting Dammann’s calendar this year, but I had already ordered several so I held off. I have really enjoyed it in the past, though. Next year it’s your turn, DF! ;)

lizwykys

ooh, I’ve been so curious about this one! I tried the Granola d’Été, which I didn’t really care for, so it will be interesting to see the general feeling about this one from people who got the calendar. (I didn’t, but next year maybe I’ll manage to budget for it!)

EmmaM

It has been so fun trying it after reading so many posts on here about their advent calendar. You all inspired me!!! :p So far I am not disappointed at all.

Day #1 of my Dammann Freres Advent Calendar.

This was different. I’ve never had a tea quite like this before. My sense of smell is weak, so I might not be really tasting this properly. The listed flavors are grape, buckwheat, pecan.

The little silky sachet bag was so easy to use and cute. The teas was not too sweet. It was not sour or bitter. The flavor had hints of grape-y tartness which was fine. There was also a cereal-like flavor. It didn’t care for that at first. It grew on me. I got pulled away and when I came back the tea was almost cold. I liked it better that way.

I give this a cautious recommendation. I didn’t hate it. I certainly didn’t love it. But if I was with a friend and she served this I could drink it. Looking forward to Day 2!

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML