Christmas Tea

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Candied Pinapple, Flavor, Orange Oil, Orange Peel
Baked Bread, Cherry, Fruity, Malt, Orange, Orange Zest, Pineapple, Candy, Caramel, Smooth, Almond, Cake, Cookie, Red Fruits, Strawberry, Sweet
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Kawaii433

2 Images

• “This was the first tea served at tea party today, and yes, tea party was a day late this week! My middle daughter had another commitment so we postponed because she really didn’t want to miss. We...” Read full tasting note
  • “I really liked this. Hints of cherry – I thought even a little nutty even though that isn’t on the ingredient list. I didn’t get any orange – but that’s ok with me. I’m happy that there aren’t...” Read full tasting note
  • “Day 24! I am a bit behind as I was not doing my daily Christmas teas or Christmas, ha ha. But I think I will get caught up and finish pretty quick. This one smells super delicious. Reminds me of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Day 24, but I had it this morning. Merry Christmas everyone! I am sitting at the airport trying to reconstruct the memory of this tea that I bolted down before heading out the door. The smell of...” Read full tasting note

From Dammann Freres

Deliciously fruity, Christmas Tea is a black tea that combines orange and pineapple flavours with gourmet notes of caramel. With a soupçon of maraschino, this festive tea is full of finesse and nuances!

About Dammann Freres View company

We served a wonderful type of fruit cake – and I don’t usually like fruit cake – called Southern Supreme “More Nuts than Fruit” Cake. It is soooo good and is made right here in NC. We actually went to the main store two years ago. We also had Fresh Market sugar cookies, White Fudge Oreos, and a couple of other kinds of cookies.

My guest and I both LOVED this. She picked up on the cherry flavor immediately, though I didn’t. It tastes just as a Christmas tea should taste when I imagine what should be in one. Somehow the French tea companies manage to put SO MANY flavors in their teas without the end result being a muddy mess. The different notes can all be teased out, but the black tea base is never covered up. It doesn’t end up tasting like a fruit tisane. Nice!

This is one of the teas given to me by oldest daughter at Thanksgiving! :)

Cameron B.

A weekly tea party? I’m so envious! ;)

ashmanra

This was six years ago…and it is still going on! It is on Mondays now and we have a light lunch followed by dessert. Youngest is away at college so it is just my middle daughter and our same guest!
Kids

Too bad I don’t live close enough to partake! ❤

I really liked this. Hints of cherry – I thought even a little nutty even though that isn’t on the ingredient list. I didn’t get any orange – but that’s ok with me. I’m happy that there aren’t any “Christmas spice” in here. It doesn’t need anything other than what’s here. It’s nice and balance a really nice fruity black tea. I would be very happy to be able find more of this and have it in my cupboard on a regular basis.

Day 24!

This one smells super delicious. Reminds me of Queen Anne’s chocolate cherry thingies. I don’t even like those, but they always smell so good.

To me the flavours in this one are a little bit lacklustre. Don’t get me wrong, it is super delicious, but IMO not as good as some of the other previous teas. I guess I was expecting the best for last, maybe my high expectations are really the problem.

This one tastes like maraschino cherries, lots of orange peel. Definitely feels like Christmas fruits. You can taste the black tea base under the flavours. I feel like I am getting a bit of almond or nuttiness as well. This might be due to the black tea base, as I got this flavour with some of the other Dammann teas as well. I am getting just the slightest hint of caramel in the aftertaste. It disappears pretty quick.

Overall, definitely impressed from the Dammann advent calendar. Would order again next year, the reminder is already in my calendar so I order in time to get for Christmas. The shipping from France is amazing though, faster for me to get something from France than to mail something across Canada.

Shmiracles

okay now! this post made me commit to having mine for breakfast tomorrow. committed! yumz!

Day 24, but I had it this morning.

The smell of this dry was familiar from all the other DF teas in the advent calendar. I think it was the caramel flavoring, but it doesn’t actually smell like caramel- it’s more an indistinct sweetness.

One steeped I get orange (another signature DF flavoring). I drank this without looking at the ingredients and interestingly tasted cranberry orange. I guess that was how I interpreted the maraschino cherry. Oh well- cranberry orange is more festive.

I wasn’t too careful with the steeping on this so it did come off a bit astringent. I can’t say I’m overly in love with it but as always it’s nice to try something new.

I have one or two teas from previous days that I need to drink and log but otherwise I’m done with the advent calendar….it was super fun and I got an awesome introduction to French teas, so a win all around!

Dammann advent calendar, day 24. I expected this one to be the last one of the set. I love that the sachet packaging is red with fancy lettering. Also I am so sad that it’s over! I want more!

Thas maraschino in it, which probably means I won’t love it to pieces, but I’m hoping all the other flavors (caramel, orange, pineapple[!]) balance it out. Steeped, it smells pretty much caramelly and fruity. I’m not sure I can pick out individual fruits, but cherry and orange certainly make sense. I liked this one. Not love, because the blend of fruits wasn’t perfect for me, but I certainly enjoyed it a lot. I am a sucker for their caramel! But this was a nice tea to finish it off and celebrate!

dammann advent calendar day 24!! Yay!
I’m so glad I got this calendar. I’m gonna go online and see if they have some for sale or something. It’s just great to have all these delicious teas individually wrapped and available.
Happy Mid-Winter celebration everybody!

MissB

Only place you can get it with reasonable shipping to North America is at Vendome Cadeau, and they do have this tea as I ordered it in a package set. I’d recommend grabbing the bags however, as (a) they’re inexpensive, and (b) MUCH more inexpensive than the gorgeous, albeit highly priced sets/tins.

Intesting tea…tastes like a christmas stollen. The Ceylon comes across a bit rough for my taste but overall a pleasant tea to drink. I got it as a gift. Only by looking at the fancy tin I know I’de probably would have found it a bit to expensive. I am not a big fan of those flavored teas that are coming from France. They got rather popular during the last couple of years…especially in Asia. Japanese love to buy it as a present for others…cool tin and flavorwise something totally different to which they are used to.

Thank you Cameron B. :D

A quick note on this. ^^ This was my all-day sipper choice today. Had it grandpa style. No notes, I just enjoyed it throughout the day. I “think” this is my first Dammann Frères. I got a similar flavor profile than some of the others but I got more cherry and pineapple than orange. The orange aroma was there, but not the taste so much. It did show up more, the orange rind in this latest steep. It is good. I am enjoying it. I’m on the 4th steep and the flavor is still really good.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cherry, Fruity, Malt, Orange, Orange Zest, Pineapple

4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
Cameron B.

I like this one better than other holiday teas I’ve tried because it doesn’t have the generic “spice” flavors. :)

Kawaii433

It was a good one, thank you for sharing some with me. :D

Advent Calendar Day 24

I cheated as I ordered this one as a 100gr bag when I placed my order for my advent calendars so I could have it all season long. It was actually my husband’s pick since he loves fruit cakes while I had picked Noel a Prague. But I’m so glad he suggested it because I really like it. At first I wasn’t sold on it. It was definitely dessert-ish and Christmasy but I wasn’t sure if I would want it a lot. As it turns out, the more I had it, the more I reached for it throughout the month of December. It’s a delicious tea!

To me it is very reminiscent of the flavors you find in a Stolen or a Norwegian Christmas bread: candied fruits with a bit of caramel sweetness and cake-ish background. It’s not a tea I would crave in the summer, but it felt so right around the holidays when you yearn for those sweet flavors. I can’t pick out the pineapple as easily as I do the candied cherries and oranges, but it’s very smooth and delicious (and not fussy at all in terms of brewing). Definitely one we are likely to reorder next year in the fall!

Cameron B.

I love this one, too – it’s a really well-done holiday tea.