Carcadet Passion Framboise

Fruity, Passion Fruits, Raspberry, Sweet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From Dammann Freres

Fleur d’hibiscus, écorce de cynorrhodon, morceaux de pomme séchée réunis dans un mélange où, les saveurs du fruit de la passion et de la framboise s’associent dans une boisson résolument fruitée.

Note dominante : Fruits Exotiques
Note(s) secondaire(s) : Fruits Rouges
Type(s) d’infusion(s) : Carcadet
Saveur principale : Framboise
Saveur(s) complémentaire(s) : Fruit de la passion

About Dammann Freres View company

This smelled amazing brewing so I was a bit sad when it was incredibly tart. Very, very tart. Tart raspberry but tart is the operative word. It’s not bad. It’s just a lot. Goes nice enough with my avocado toast though.

#adventageddon Day Twenty One – 3/6

It’s technically after midnight now but I’m going to give myself a pass for not getting my tasting notes written before midnight today – mostly because I just spent the last eight hours in varying states of being in an airport and being at 20,000 feet in the air. I flew home to Saskatchewan today to visit my family for the holidays – so that interrupted adventageddon a little bit. However, I still managed to drink all the teas before midnight! Just not review them…

I had this one on my second flight of the day – from Toronto to Regina. In a case of “very small world” I ended up seated next to someone I knew from Regina but, as if it wasn’t a strange enough coincidence, that person was also a former coworker from DAVIDsTEA! So it was actually a really nice flight home despite it being really fucking late at night. The only downside was that a women one aisle up from us decided to use the three hours to play Coronation Street on her phone at a loud volume without wearing headphones…

I continued my tradition of drinking teas on airplanes with this one – which conveniently was in sachet form. It was pretty good and the raspberry flavour really comes through a lot more strongly than I would have expected it to. Very tart, juicy raspberry as well! I get a sense of something tropical, but I don’t feel as though that flavour is as well developed/fleshed out. It was a nice tea regardless, and a very refreshing change of pace from the other teas I’ve had from DF so far!

tea-sipper

Whoa, what a great plane ride for you! (Except for the rude lady.) Great job keeping up with these advents!

I received this as a sample with my DF advent, and finally brewed it up. Really enjoying the crisp, tart raspberry. Very much a candy-like raspberry.

My favorite carcadet so far! This was a lovely cup!

I was not a big fan of any of the carcadet from Dammann’s Advent Calendar, but this one from Le Calendrier de l’Apres is actually delicious. The hibiscus is softer than in the other ones I have tried, and the raspberry is clean and bright. Dry, it smells like a delicious raspberry candy, but in the cup it’s more natural. The passion fruit is a little less present but it’s a lovely addition, making it feel a little bit more tropical. A great blend for something sweet and fruity in the evening. Simple and delicious. A trip back to childhood. Coup de coeur.

Flavors: Fruity, Passion Fruits, Raspberry, Sweet